Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my maverick HPX-S. Awesome ride, but having difficulty with the Simrad evo 3 12. Side scan and “downview” imaging seems not to be working correctly. I will attach images. Looking for advice.Took the boat back to the dealer and they said they had the side scan on the wrong input and fix the problem. However when we took it back out on the water the same image appeared. Is it a transducer problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
what kind of thru-hull placement is that??? did you request a thru-hull rather than off the stern? what transducer is that?

·
Registered
HB Marquesa
394 Posts
From the looks of it I'd say its blocked. Have you looked for pictures of other HPX-S's and their ducer location. Is it screwed into the hull? If screwed to a bracket and easily unscrewed, you could detach and hold in the water to test.

Your Simrad will tell you which ducer its utilizing, so just double/triple check that. Enjoy the new ride!

3 in 1 transducer

I think it is blocked by the tunnel hull

·
Registered
164 Posts
It looks to me like the transducer is not even turned on. Is there a setting on your unit to turn the transducer off and on (like a Garmin)? Also, have you tried changing the frequency of the transducer signal? As a last resort, check the troubleshooting tips in the operators manual. If they didn't give you one, you can find it on line at Simrad's website. There's also an installation manual on the website which can tell you whether mounting the transducer in the tunnel is a potential issue.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
360 Posts
I'm no expert, but....There is a setting for the gps and in hertz and it can not be the same as the downscan. Maybe set your gps to 400

·
I Love microskiff.com!
278 Posts
510048C9-4B96-4435-923E-CC0836B7886E.jpeg
0554F576-91B9-49CA-8200-B8294CFF15AA.jpeg
Have you checked your cable connections? Looks like it is mounted left of the motor as you face the stern. It should be mounted right side of motor as you face the stern to be in clean water. How fast are you going when you took the pictures? If on plane you will not get a signal return as the transducer must be submerged. I mounted my 3 in 1 in the pocket of my HPXV 18 and it works good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just noticed this - one Frank said is what i believe - if i turn my EVO 3 to Side Scan on my offshore boat that is what i get, verses the SS view i get on my EVO. It looks like the unit is not configured for the 3-1 transducer. The devices support multiple transducers so you have to point to the correct one. Then you can check for the 'view' and any problems with that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get it fixed
They put transducer into input 1 and it needs to be on number 2

works great now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts