Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well it looks like a decree has come from on high and it’s been declared I will be picking up my Simple Skiff complete build hull #1 on February 8th.

I’ll keep you guys posted with some pictures and reviews shortly after!
Awesome, I am somewhere in line for a complete package so please post some pictures and hopefully some numbers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some quick initial thoughts:

This is truly a simple skiff. I love the open cockpit and that was definitely one of the selling points for me. I like the idea of eventually using something like a Yeti chair for passenger travel, and equally the ability to take it out when I’m fishing solo.

The guys at Simple Skiffs have done an excellent job finishing this boat. Again, there’s not a whole lot of bells and whistles, but everything that is there is done really well. I opted for no bow cleat in an effort to keep that super clean front deck look. I went with the classic guide green for the hull and Matterhorn white for the deck and cockpit. Personally I love that classic look!

The trailer from TrailerTech out of Miami is really nice. I-Beam construction, aluminum, and beefed up tires. I think the original plan was to go with Continental trailers, but in the end I think these are nicer than the original plan that SS had. Those that got in at $22k initial price point I think and getting a better deal, as I’m pretty sure the price raise to $24k last week was mainly motivated by the higher trailer price point of these upgraded trailers.

I was really curious to see if this boat would be bouncy on the trailer in my 5 hour ride home, but it was not. The boat is pretty light (around 400 lbs I think), but the ride home was solid. I know my Shadowcast on a Float On seemed to really bounce around all over the place when trailering.

This boat is super stable! Not a surprise from a 70” beam, but I’m a big dude (6’3” 285lbs) and I can hop up on the poling platform and the boat barely moves. It’s definitely a world of difference from the Shadowcast in that respect.

We didn’t run far yesterday but it was pretty windy and handling a light chop was child’s play. Super dry ride, but ultimately we will see more about that when I take her out in some more serious stuff.

That’s it for now, more soon!
Thanks for the report, from the looks of it, catches fish too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts