Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys,

I will have 4 people on my boat this weekend including myself. I have nice cushioned seats in the back. However, for my two passengers up front I have nothing.

I was hoping to get some good ideals for nice seating for them. Sitting on the front deck is not comfortable. A cooler is not an option.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,820 Posts
How long are your runs? I like to "rodeo" if I have to be up front. Tie a thick line to the bow cleat, and hold onto it while standing. Not the greatest for your hands, but your back and tailbone will thank you.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
566 Posts
Been toying with that issue was well. Was thinking about removable chairs or maybe better Beanbag Chairs? Just drop them in cockpit when you need them and store them otherwise.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,820 Posts
Gotcha. Then I'll second the vote for beanbag chairs. Get some bungees or something and you can strap them to the poling platform when you aren't using them. Good to lounge on when you aren't fishing, too. I had 3 of them on my big boat a few years ago and people would sleep on the ride offshore, then I'd toss them up to the bow once we started trolling.

·
Panhandler
2,714 Posts
Ocean-Tamer is the other major marine bean bag player. Similar shapes and prices to E-Searider.

Another option would be some throw cushions on the deck. Not as comfy as the bean bags but more compact and stowable.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
722 Posts
As long as it's reasonably calm, I just use folding camp chairs. If you're worried about scratching your deck, stick a piece of seadek or similar stuff on each foot. Kids like it too.
14322654_1376858262341689_6311499704532053124_n.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How are the folding chairs when its rough? Its Memorial Day weekend and I am going to a high traffic area. I know it will be rough due to the hundreds of boats on the water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
722 Posts
How are the folding chairs when its rough? Its Memorial Day weekend and I am going to a high traffic area. I know it will be rough due to the hundreds of boats on the water.
Definitely not for rough water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
462 Posts
How much cockpit space do you have? I like the bean bags too but they take up quite a bit of room. they are also about $100 a piece. You might see if you can get away with one of the larger style ones

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much cockpit space do you have? I like the bean bags too but they take up quite a bit of room. they are also about $100 a piece. You might see if you can get away with one of the larger style ones

I have plenty of cockpit space. I am with you on the $100. And I will not be the one using it haha.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
169 Posts
I use two bean bag chairs from walmart for my wife and daughter on my heron and they work great. I paid $30 a piece, just couldn't bring myself to drop over $100 on the boat bean bags.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
722 Posts
And the walmart ones are holding up okay? Don't get water inside? I'm with you on dropping $100 per, plus if I get one, I'll have to get two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts