Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would put them on the side of the console, but my steering wheel is to close and hits the poles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Om my last one I had 2 on the front of the console. (I put 2 singles one on each corner that way they missed the steering wheel) 2 on the poling platform and the rest under the gunwales

·
Registered
411 Posts
poling/ casting platform, cooler, have Chris from bluepoint make you a screw on console extension with rod holders,drink holder and tray

·
I Love microskiff.com!
510 Posts
I put 2 singles on front of console. I had some teak laying around so I made 2 bars that I mounted horizontally as spacers to get out in front of steering wheel. Works great and looked nautical. Rod storage is always an issue for a rod whore like myself or when I have guest aboard so having these extra 2 REALLY helps. Got tired of redoing the teak a month ago and had some scrap material from my dock project and replaced with the manmade stuff. A bit thicker and not as nautical but won't have to refinish yearly.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,974 Posts
I put 2 singles on front of console. I had some teak laying around so I made 2 bars that I mounted horizontally as spacers to get out in front of steering wheel. Works great and looked nautical. Rod storage is always an issue for a rod whore like myself or when I have guest aboard so having these extra 2 REALLY helps. Got tired of redoing the teak a month ago and had some scrap material from my dock project and replaced with the manmade stuff. A bit thicker and not as nautical but won't have to refinish yearly.
Rod whore, I'll have to coin d phrase....!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts