Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks everyone for the input went with the 9” off of everyone’s recommendations….plus the extra West Marine savings on the 9”

now just need to RE-wire and mount

anyone use Transom Saver for no drill install???
Netbook Output device Space bar Peripheral Office equipment

Shipping box Eyewear Publication Font Gadget

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes ive used the transom save 👍 its a great product! Figure where you want it out line saver with pencil tape the line i used painters tape the blue stuff,like frog, this is to keep from scratching more than block area ....fill the holes on block with the epoxy glue then tape in place👍 be sure to not use screws that are to long ,IMHO the perfect screws are the same thickness as the stern saver block,your trans bracket will keep the screws from hitting the gelcoat 👍

Use a strong tape to hold the block in place i used duck tape! Painters tapes not strong enough IMHO you dont want it to move wonce placed👍

Be sure to mount the trans in clean water! Meaning nothing under hull in that area to disturb the water flow! Livewell pick up ect...

Smart move on the 9 inch GPS 👌 cant believe anyone would recommend a 7 🙄

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi all

The Garmin Echomap UHD 74 and 94 are on sale finally, however, the 9" has more savings.

I am going to mount the GPS right on top of the console, is the 9" way too big???

Thanks for any thoughts or advice. View attachment 189196
Go big or go home! 9”

·
Registered
698 Posts
It dont matter what your running engine data,split screen ect its all about visibility 👍9 inch rules money wise its a happy medium between 7 and 12 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
9” garmin. More room on display for running engine data and map etc.
Yeah...would love to run Yamaha engine data to the Garmin, but after looking into it, my Yamaha F40TLR is a 2006 and I think there is no way to Command Link or even NEMA to the Garmin.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve ran only garmin units for over 7 and just switched over to simrad a year ago. After switching to simrad I’ll never go back to garmin. the simrad operating system is just as simple to use and navionics and FMT is a game changer.

·
Registered
2005 Bass Cat Phelix
14 Posts
You're going to be glad you got that 9", a few years back when I was a broke college kid I got the 7", but these days I really find myself wishing I had something a little bigger if you're doing something like checking out the SideVu. But hey, something's better than nothing!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts