Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I agree As a long time Garmin man myself its user friendly for us simple minded people 馃槉,but if you ever want to run FMT you need the simrad !

And i really like the inside layout of that skiff you can sit or stand anywhere on the sides ,i like that when sheephead fishing my 22 panga had the wide cap you could sit anywhere 馃憤 when tight to the rocks you want to fish pretty much straight up and down or you spend all day tying rigs LOL wide cap was awesome for this,and im sure that skiff is to ....

Registered
I liked mine on top of the console but Ill tell ya one thing i would do for sure and thats upgrade your grab bar like the one in "skiffs for sale" so you and the crew have something to grab instead of the GPS id also get a smoked plexiglass windshield to protect the GOS From spray lived it on my panga馃憤 for grab bar pictures see....2015 Maverick 17HPXs

Registered
Yes ive used the transom save 馃憤 its a great product! Figure where you want it out line saver with pencil tape the line i used painters tape the blue stuff,like frog, this is to keep from scratching more than block area ....fill the holes on block with the epoxy glue then tape in place馃憤 be sure to not use screws that are to long ,IMHO the perfect screws are the same thickness as the stern saver block,your trans bracket will keep the screws from hitting the gelcoat 馃憤

Use a strong tape to hold the block in place i used duck tape! Painters tapes not strong enough IMHO you dont want it to move wonce placed馃憤

Be sure to mount the trans in clean water! Meaning nothing under hull in that area to disturb the water flow! Livewell pick up ect...

Smart move on the 9 inch GPS 馃憣 cant believe anyone would recommend a 7 馃檮

1 - 6 of 6 Posts