Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
If it ain't broke tweak it a little....
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be staying in Suwannee at Bill's Mon-Fri in March and was wondering if it was safe to park at Shired Island ramp for the day. Looks like it would be fun to fish from there down the coast to Suwannee. Second question is it real skinny on low tide getting out to Gulf?

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,425 Posts
Post this on the regional section not general.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going to be staying in Suwannee at Bill's Mon-Fri in March and was wondering if it was safe to park at Shired Island ramp for the day. Looks like it would be fun to fish from there down the coast to Suwannee. Second question is it real skinny on low tide getting out to Gulf?
I used to fish out of there a lot but haven't been in a few years. Was not marked good last time I was there it's got big oyster beds and can get really low depending on the moon. It's just as easy to run up that way from bills. That is what I have been doing more of lately.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shired island area gets skinny. Mostly a airboat/gator tail/ jet foot fishery during winter time low tides. I haven’t had any issues at the ramp.

You can pm if you have more questions.

·
Registered
2019 Gheenoe LT10
152 Posts
I haven't had issues when going there. Knot is right though, lots of bars out there and things get really low. I have a Gheenoe and had to get out and push once trying to get back to the ramp at the mouth of the channel on a low tide. Good fishing though, not too many people out there whenever I go out.

·
If it ain't broke tweak it a little....
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry that I posted in wrong section I will try to do better. Probably drive by and look at ramp. Thanks for the info might try launching on a high tide my Johnsen floats pretty skinny. It won't be the first time I've walked it to deeper water. Vpdiaz I'll PM you before I go thanks.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Catch and release and don't get the water in a cut ! the water IS severely polluted ! Check for your self ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts