Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering from the guys that have done it what kind of box to use? Its an odd shape, the rods that I've ordered have always been new and came in a box just bigger than the tube so no way to ship a reel in them too. I just got rid of them the other day but am about to post a rod for sale and was wondering how to go about shipping the reel with it. And if yall have an idea of how much it is normally (ballpark) that would be a help too. Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Priority flat rates, they should have a triangular tube that’ll fit 4 piece rods. Around 10-15$. Medium flat rate box for reel 8$. USPS, with tracking and 50$ insurance.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
487 Posts
Not sure how long the postal service boxes are but I think the FedEx tubes are a little over 36" to accomodate 24x36 plan sheets... so you can fit a 4-piece rod with some room at the end for a reel depending on the reel diameter.

Or you can go to a packaging/box store and get a long and narrow rectangular box to pack the same way; or use two and overlap them to get a longer box if they don't have one the length you need.

Or ship the rod and reel in separate boxes as Dbrady said.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,099 Posts
You can use big PVC and wrap the rod good. Then bubble wrap the reel and box it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts