Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has these two reels (listed below), and he is asking me to decide which one I want.
I have never owned one of these and did read some reviews, but not sure what the best would be for the Gulf/inshore fishing.
Thanks for the help,
Here is part of the eMail he sent to me.
- I have a Star rod with a Shimano 6500 Baitrunner spinning reel, carbon fiber drag washers, rebuilt by me, mint, or a Star Rod with a 4500 Baitrunner reel (Never used).

Thanks for the help,
Jim

·
Stripper in my own Mind!
2,537 Posts
Depends on what you target. I have 3 4500's and 4 6500's. They're great reels especially for a flat line offshore or any type of live baiting. I normally use my 6500 for my flat line, and keep a 4500 ready as a pitch rod for cobia, dolphin, etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are these the B series with the large BB bail roller or original with the small bushing roller?
Dont use braid with the original series but a BR4500B with 30-40 braid is a killer reel for tarpon,overslot snook and reds, and anything offshore short of big YFT's, grouper and small marlin.
Either way, great durable reels.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these the B series with the large BB bail roller or original with the small bushing roller?
Checking/eMailing him on that now.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well he doesn't know or can't tell so I guess I'll go w/the 4500 series.
Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts