SOLD/EXPIRED Shadowcast side console for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by 8loco, Jul 7, 2013.

1. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

This is not mine

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/3898200589.html

2. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

lol, $14k. It's a shadowcast not a whipray. Maybe that's a craigslist haggle pricing

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

That boats pretty decked out so 14k seems like a reasonable starting point. Garmin, loop pole, atlas jack plate, yeti. Those things can add up quickly. Nicest Shadow I've seen so far however..

4. cullennn

cullennn Clamshavin'

Picked up my SC last week that same color except mine is tiller with coffin box and grab bar. The guy I bought it from said he see's this one all the time. After fishing a week I absolutely love the boat , but the side console would defanitely make the boat lean to the right. Could easily be balanced with an angler, eventually becoming a pain in the you know what. Price is about right in my opinion on this beauty.

5. Tabs fix that right up

6. For more info:

BUG_IN_OUT

Build thread

7. MUD_MINNOW

MUD_MINNOW I Love bumping bottom early in the morning

I've got about 5k more than that in mine... But it is the 18.... 14k with all those options seems about right.... That is one of the nicest 16's I've seen.

8. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

There is no way you have $19k into a shadowcast 18.

9. Apeacock

Apeacock I Love microskiff.com!

I dont mean to high-jack the thread on this subject, but I have a side-console 17T and wouldnt have it any other way for a technical poling skiff.

The little bit of lean you get from a side console can easily be fixed by trim tabs(as mentioned above) and rigging. The extra cockpit space you get from a side-console in a smaller technical skiff is hands down worth the little bit of tilt you get when you sit down and jump to plane. Tillers have their advantages but Id rather have the open floor that a lean bar and center station wont allow for. Just my personal preference and 2 cents.

Great looking SC by the way.

10. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Just for reference a 17t and 16 sc are very different boats.

11. cullennn

cullennn Clamshavin'

Comparing a SC to a Mav is defanitely a whole different story. Trim tabs do lots of good on any vessel, it's just very easy to make the shadowcast lean any way you want while running. Another 4 good mornings with boat in Ft. Pierce and Palm City tells me she does everything I good ask for , extremely happy!

12. MUD_MINNOW

really??? now thats funny..... u can actually tell me how much I paid for my own boat... hahahaha.... its only a week old... Im pretty sure I know what it cost.

13. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Nah I'm not saying you don't know what you own or what you paid lol I'm implying that we all overestimate exactly what we put into our skiffs and 19k sounds really high for a shadow cast 18. But hey if you really do then more power to you it seems like you have a really nice skiff, it's definitely out of my price range.

14. Apeacock

Apeacock I Love microskiff.com!

Got it and agreed on the SC vs PF17T comparison(wider beam, length, etc.) but, again, my preference is a side console and I have been on mitzis, caimens, etc in differing set ups and prefer the side.

Good luck on the sale, clean looking rig.

15. MUD_MINNOW

Thanks for the kind words... Your SUV is pretty darn slick too... 19k was not from ankona directly... But if you include yeti, push pole, I-pilot, power tec, speakers, amp, LEDs, livorsi nav lights, tax and installation of all that stuff.... Then yea, it's on the bubble.... Not saying that's a lot or a little.... There are certainly skiffs much less and skiffs much more.... Lets just say that when I started my build I had no intentions of spending near that much... But emotions just get the most of us....

16. Hands down would never buy a side console sc16... Anyone who has run one for any period of time would tell you if you were by yourself running around tabs would not be enough to make the boat function right to narrow for a side