ShadowCast from Ankona

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by copperhead, Feb 25, 2012.

1. copperhead

copperhead Well-Known Member

We've just launched our new small tunnel skiff, the ShadowCast.  Designed to run with 10-20hp, it allows the angler long days on the water with minimal fuel usage.  Its small size makes it easy to launch and retrieve even at unimproved ramps and opens up new territories for fishing.  Like all Ankona's, all hand laid, no-wood contruction, with a full composite stringer system and flat honeycomb cored floor.  Custom configurations available...

Length: 16'
    Beam: 54"
    Weight: 240lbs
    HP: 10-20
    Transom Height: 17"

Price:  Hulls Starting at $3950

www.ankonaboats.com

[​IMG]

2. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

This is going to be an awesome little skiff that is going make many microskiff anglers stop and take a pause.

And I even like the name..... :cool:

3. jrasband

jrasband I Love microskiff.com!

Looks great. Have you guys designed a poling platform for it yet? I am really looking forward to seeing a fully rigged boat with platform, tabs, etc...

Cant wait for more info to unfold!

Jeff

4. Bissell

Bissell Microskiff.com... Priceless!

That's a great price I was actually expecting it to he a little more

5. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

I think you guys have really hit an untouched market as far as pricing goes for the rig. I'm sure this will probably be a hot seller approaching the summer. Looks great and I would love to put a light weight 25 two stroke on it. Bet it would be a blast.

6. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

[​IMG]

$3950 as shown? 240lbs as shown - the motor and cooler?

How is the rear deck configured? Open bulkhead or like the rear deck option on the SUV and Copperhead.

Edit: Looks like open rear deck bulkhead and from reading the options it looks like the weight is 240lbs. as shown.

[​IMG]

Looks to be an awesome little tunnel skiff!

7. copperhead

Weight (and price) would be hull only with front and rear decks; Front and rear bulkheads with open access. As pic'd the front deck is 5' and rear deck is 3' but that could be customer driven to some extent.

At this stage, yes the hull is complete but we're going to try and get some people out on it and listen to how the their experiences would help us develop some interior configurations for this size skiff.

8. out-cast

out-cast Well-Known Member

I will sacrifice myself if needed young dude. I'm on vacation starting March 3rd too, lets fish.

9. All I gotta say is watch out Gheenoe and RiverHawk...

That thing is too cool! :cool:

10. BobR305

BobR305 Guest

I spent all day yesterday with Mel, and the new Shadow cast. The water test was impressive too say the least. To start with Mel and I weigh twice what the boat does. And it got right up on top with a Yamaha 9.9 yes a 9.9. The construction of this skiff is more along the lines of a Sherman tank. The cockpit floor is like a slab of concrete, you here no noise what so ever. After some fine tuning and some properly placed platforms. This will be (hope I don't offend anyone) the "Working man's Glades skiff".And if no one has mentioned yet, it is a tunnel hull.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the polling streaks that Mel incorporates in the hull. These make it pole like it is on rails.

[​IMG]

This boat has a tremendous amount of potential, I cant wait to see the creations that come from this awesome skiff. I am hoping for the day to test one of these, fully rigged out in the Everglades.

11. out-cast

In my hood and couldn't call me? Really? ::)

12. BobR305

BobR305 Guest

Mel said that you needed your beauty sleep, and I believed him ;D

13. out-cast

:-/ :(

14. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

I don't know what you mean by " stop and take a pause". Unless you are saying "compare this skiff with a few others with similar specs on the market"................and then check out the price.  :D

15. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

Exactly. In other words, a buyer may be set on a skiff, check out the ShadowCast, and then may change their mind.

16. davefishing

davefishing I Love microskiff.com!

I will consider it, looks like it will fit my garage. A video of it running slooow and fast will help. I am curious if it squats.

17. dacuban1

dacuban1 Well-Known Member

i have a feeling it might squat a little cause of the tunnel. Would there be an option to not have a tunnel?

18. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

That rear deck and extended tiller will move the center of gravity to just about
    over the hull balance point. My plywood tunnel hull transitions from hull speed to plane
    with no squat, just a difference in where the wake breaks behind the hull.
    Looking at Ankona's design, I'll bet it transitions the same way. It's a good looking hull.
    Like all small hulls, proper loading/balance/trim is going to be a critical factor
    in how it rides. Put two adults on the rear deck and attempt to plane, yes, it will squat.

19. copperhead

Brett, as usual, is correct on all accounts...:)

20. dawsonwl

dawsonwl I Love microskiff.com!

Shadowcast Stability vs Gheenoe LT25 stability? if both boats have front and rear decks, which one is more stable?
    BTW, the Shadowcast looks awesome and I can't stop thinking about it!