SOLD/EXPIRED Shadow Cast 18 2014 CL find

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by herrin, Feb 13, 2014.

1. herrin

herrin Heed the Call

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4329837342.html
    not mine but wish it was

2. grego

grego Well-Known Member

Kind of strange that it was already re painted ?

3. snookman716

snookman716 I Love microskiff.com!

Because Ankona leaves terrible finishes on their skiffs, and Awl grip makes a boat shine like a diamond and is much easier to clean along with great durability.

4. dhenderson

dhenderson I Love microskiff.com!

B/c its like buying a cheap car. That's what you get when you buy a cheap skiff.

5. suhmoszetaetatheta

suhmoszetaetatheta SC16-obtw-I Love microskiff.com!

Wow, now I'm afraid to take my shadowcast out on the water...didn't know it was such a piece of crap. Thanks for the heads up!

6. southedisto

southedisto Well-Known Member

Mel does a darn fine job with his skiffs and Erin was great to deal with. I have no problem with the fit and finish of mine and have never thought of it as a "cheap" skiff, but rather priced right. And, with all the bells and whistles the price isn't that much different than a lot of other offerings, just with Ankona you have the option to not add stuff a micro really doesn't need and save the a little $$. No regrets with my purchase and if I ever decide to buy another I will go Ankona again.

7. brevard955

brevard955 I Love microskiff.com!

Ya-really glad I saw this before I took my pos out this weekend. I only hope I can find a Mavrick before the weekend. Maybe if I just slap a Master Angler sticker on the side it will help it shine and float a little better.

8. Maverick904

Maverick904 Chasin Tail

guess I know why I have been getting all these looks recently.

9. Recidivists

Recidivists Looking towards the weekend!

Can CaptainChronn enlighten us, as to the decision to paint Awlgrip over gel coat?

10. GSSF

GSSF I love my microskiff

Be gone, troll.

Troll, go edit some of your other posts at 3am to contribute nicely to a thread.

11. snookman716

Because it makes the skiff look much better, also i wanted to a two tone top deck. I Awl grip all my boats from my 43 Viking to my 26 Grady white and my 18 ShadowCast. I just like/think that Awl grip looks a lot nicer then gel coat. Its also a lot easier to care for and last much longer.

12. Recidivists

Recidivists Looking towards the weekend!

13. RonBari

RonBari I Love microskiff.com!

The seller of this boat is not on-line to respond.. but it says he repainted the deck. Who knows.. maybe he simply wanted to change the color.

Ankona's are not built "cheap". Two SUV 17's currently in our family. We have all owned other boats and are quite happy with what we have now. Ankona is a great company.. great designs, great products, great follow up.. and really good people to deal with.

14. MUD_MINNOW

MUD_MINNOW I Love bumping bottom early in the morning

Are you nuts!!! Get back under the bridge where you belong!!

15. mikeregas

mikeregas I Love microskiff.com!

Saw this boat up close and in person in Flamingo this weekend. It is a great looking skiff, well taken care of.

16. Troutmaster

Troutmaster Satellite Beach, Fl.

I can't see it selling at this price but it could just be the craigslist haggle price.

17. Generic9007

Generic9007 I Love microskiff.com!

I don't get why so many of these Shadowcast's have been for sale recently. My understanding is that these are some pretty great microskiff's so what gives?

There's probably been a 1/2 dozen 2013 16' over the past 9 months and now this 2014 18'. Can any previous owners or current owners help clarify? Jumping up in size? Performance?

18. cullennn

cullennn Clamshavin'

Everyone has there reason's for selling. More than half of those for sale in the past 9 months have been over priced craigslist ads. The ones that are priced fair and logically sell quick. It just takes that one person to seal the deal.

19. snookman716

This is my skiff and im not listing it to sell in any hurry thats why the price is what it is, and in any car, boat or most of any selling situation the buyer is always going to negotiate. I think that the price is a fair place to start negotiating considering what i paid for it and the wait. I love this skiff a lot more then any skiff ive ever owned. The shadowcasts are perfect little skiffs that will take you to places no other skiffs can go, only reason im listing is because i am soon to become a guide and cannot guide off of such a small skiff i need more space for clients. And as performance goes this little skiff is badass with fuel efficiency and plenty of performance. Shadowcasts go where all other skiffs will go and where most other skiffs cannot go.