Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ex Troutbum
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I have been lurking on here for a year under my real name, but have a nosy ex-wife with a penchant for googling me and just bought a Beavertail Strike from a member here so had to go on the down-low with a new name.

I am a life long fly fisher; most recently stripers and blues in New England and now learning the flats game in Tampa Bay. ... its a whole 'nother animal I have found.

In any case I am glad to re-join the community and hope to be contributing when I can

Gad

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome back. You won’t have too much adjustment between fly fishing for strippers and snook. Just enjoy learning and the adventure

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome ...

·
Ex Troutbum
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Christened the new skiff today with 3 nice snook on the fly under the mangroves. No reds yet. I wore a bonefish scrubs shirt that I inherited from a good friend, fishing and bird hunting buddy of mine Tim Leary who wrote for some fishing mags and shooting sportsman magazine who died in a fall years ago. Today was a good day. Thanks Tim I wish you were with me.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,429 Posts
Hey Gad, Welcome to microskiff. Come join us on the fly fishing section of this website. Lots of great guys and gals there and lots of discussion.

I live on the south side of Tampa Bay and also am a fly fisherman. What area in Tampa are you in?

Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts