Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a gps on my gladesman grab bar the problem is the screws have probably never been loosened I've tried wd 40,
Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Vehicle
corrosion x and liquid wrench. I even tried hitting a screwdriver with a wooden mallet and no luck hoping someone has a trick on here

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Except for some very cheep SS you'll find that it is harder to drill than regular steel.
If the screws are Phillip's then it will be easier to drill the center, but check that you didn't stray from center after you get the hole started. I used to have a reverse set of drill bits and many times stuck screws/bolts came free as I drilled them.

· Registered
Maverick HPXS
1,321 Posts
Impact started stripping screws..
Where you using the manual/hammer type as that is what I am referencing and won’t usually strip screws

Heat can’t hurt, I wouldn’t go easy out until/unless the screw head is too stripped to hold.

· Registered
78 Posts
I can’t tell from pics what you have there. But maybe going off the heads. From there don’t know if you can remove remainder of fastener with vise grips. Note. Disassembly of boat fasteners holding metal to metal parts yearly is a good idea.
Woah, a guy with an aluminum boat is in for a lot of work!!! LOL

Just teasn', Capn. I come here mostly for the sarcasm.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.