Seems like a no brainer???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Puzzys4RBuffs, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Puzzys4RBuffs

Puzzys4RBuffs She's fast, mean, and always clean!

How about we remove the thread after the boat sells or the person removes the sale from craigslist? Or at least have two sections in MS Skiffs for sale, one for selling, one for sold. Trying to find a boat here is kind of a waste of time.

2. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

perhaps you should look on FS ;)

Evil Bay or Craig's List

3. Puzzys4RBuffs

Perhaps I will! Thanks for the info :)

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

keeping things that have sold on here is a good resource as to how fast thing will sell and for what price. I've never had an issue finding stuff for sale here, it's easy since most stuff that isn't on the first page is already sold. You just have to know how to read ;)

5. Puzzys4RBuffs

Firecat,
    Seems about half the boats on the first page are sold or craiglist deletes. I guess if you have all day to sit around browsing the internet, its a great setup. I think the moderators should develop a place to move sold boats. This way people that want to research boat values have a place to go. People that dont want to spend 2 hours weeding through listing strings and broken or deleted craigslist adds can search available boats more comfortably. I would be interested to see if an idea like this boosted sales for sellers. If I were a seller I would demand this feature. Since im just a buyer, I only request it. Im sure im missing out on several boats on here because I refuse to waste a half a day. On a side note, Is a PALM BEACH 18.5 WITH 90 YAMAHA 2 STROKE a "microskiff"?? Anyone awake around here?

6. JRyanL

JRyanL I Love microskiff.com!

Hey bud, I gotta agree it would be "better" to have a sold section. But that would require the moderator of what is a forum with a free classified section to do even more work either transferring themselves or policing everyone else.

On a side note, why don't you post what you are looking for. Maybe someone has it and you won't have to skim through any more.

7. verado

verado Well-Known Member

I think its fine the way it is. I enjoy browsing through the classified sections on here [smiley=1-beer.gif]

8. Puzzys4RBuffs

Well, it only took a few days for the moderator of this section to police my freedom of speech and opinion by censoring my forum name :-X!  How about a color code in the title?  Red=sold, blue=active?  Then they wouldnt have to rearrange the forum!   :eek:

PS When the hell did fishing turn into golf?  It seems its all about gay little outfits and expensive gadgets.

Sorry to all the guys out there that feel the need to buy something as ridiculous as a $25 piece of cloth you stretch on your head (the "buff").  Or a $40 columbia pfg shirt.  What ever happened to a light flannel and a white t on your head?  When did we all turn so wimpy? :'(

9. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1169007865

FAQ & User Registration Agreement

Updated 06/15/2007

You agree, through your use of microskiff.com, that you will not post any material which is abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Some profanity is tolerated as long as it is not excessive or is used along other inappropriate content. Content of a sexual nature should no worse than PG-13 or is subject to deletion and having your user account revoked.

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate for this forum. Classified advertisements are meant for use by private sellers. Commercial advertisemtents should be cleared through a Global Moderator first.

Note that it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of posts on this forum. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages and are not responsible for their content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or product presented. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of this forum or the admins. Generally we make every effort to allow for free speech as long is it does not hurt this forum, create a hostile environment or violate one of the terms in this agreement. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator of this forum immediately. We reserve the right to remove objectionable content. This is a manual process, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and the administrators. We at microskiff.com also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any information we have about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any information posted by you. You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password to another member, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another member's account to post messages or browse this forum. After you register and log into this forum, you can fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information.

Please note that with each post your IP address is recorded and can be used to track you in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or have your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

10. Puzzys4RBuffs

Dan, we all now know you like to waste a bunch of time browsing over sold boats all day on the internet.  Thanks for sharing your valuable opinion! Some of us prefer to save time by searching over a well organized site...  This way we can spend more time outside doing what we love!

11. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Your opinion is noted. Your attitude is is noted also.

12. Puzzys4RBuffs

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I've awakened the gods! :eek: :eek:
    Sorry if I offended anyone with my previous forum name. I'll be more sensitive in the way I word things from now on.

13. sshawn75

sshawn75 Well-Known Member

Get rid of this guy!!!!!! :mad: I deal with guys like this all day at work and we all don't need to deal with it on our free time!!!! I understand freedom of speech, but just because you CAN say it doesn't mean you SHOULD.

14. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Sorry to all the guys out there that feel the need to buy something as ridiculous as a $25 piece of cloth you stretch on your head (the "buff"). Or a $40 columbia pfg shirt. What ever happened to a light flannel and a white t on your head?

People got skin cancer. Good luck with that......

15. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

Also cosidering most of our boats dont have ttops or bimini's, staying cool in the sun is essential especially if your out there day after day..... Ive had a couple friends that have had skin cancer and its not somewhere I want to go... now do i always wear $4o or more shirts on the water? No.... good quality shirts/pants, buffs, etc can be had for less with a little searching... also with the addition on the upf, i no longer go through a ton of sunscreen.... basically evens out without the mess of sunscreen....

16. Puzzys4RBuffs

Mob forming? Nazi Germany? Everyone need to think the same way as you? Do you get nervous if there's a little ripple on the water baby or do you deal with it? Quite your snivlin :'( and if you don't like your job QUITE!

17. Puzzys4RBuffs

To the rest of you guys making somewhat valid points about your little buffums. How about some Florida Cracker ingenuity? There's a million and one ways to protect yourself from the sun without looking like an army of Paris Hilton Ninja's! It's a fad and it will fade.

"I am fishing perfection, focused, determined, and loaded. No distractions, no exceptions, always comfortable, ALL THE TIME! I AM FISHING PERFECTION! Im fast paced and I WIN!"

What a bunch of poo poo! I wont become a cog in the hype machine that the fishing industry has become. Will you? Are you? Think about it guys! :-X

18. gheenoe

gheenoe Got snook?

Do you have anything to contribute to the forum? Or are you here to just complain? What do you care what someone else wears when they fish are you the marine fashion police? If you spent as much time complaining about the classifieds and what people wear you would have been done searching for your boat.

19. Puzzys4RBuffs

Some of you think shallower then your boats will float. If your not picking up on my contributions to the site? Try thinking. :eek:

Fashion police ;D NO :mad: Just expressing my annoyance with the "buy everything that fits" mentality, that so many of us seem to have. WAIT, I take that back, its not a mentality, its a disease.

Don't worry, i'll contribute plenty to your site. I'll teach you all as much as you want to learn about my 30+ years as a 3rd generation Florida native. But like the skiffs for sale section, you may have to wade through some stuff you don't want to see ;)

20. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

I just read this post from the begining. FML [smiley=suicide.gif]