Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Securing a Yeti bucket

2865 Views 42 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Delek
Anyone have a good technique for securing a yeti bucket to the platform without having a special spot for it welded in to the platform? I’m not using it as much for an anchor set up, more so for more storage/ trash. Thinking I can probably figure out a strap set up of some kind!

Sky Purple Plant Gas Tints and shades
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Don’t let it fall off the back full of trash…

I’m confused what people bring on board that creates so much trash that they need a trash bag for every trip
You're not married are you?

The last time I took the wife and neighbors (3 kids included) out on my boat to the lighthouse and sandbar... they apparently thought my livewell was the trashcan, which I didn't discover until back at the house.

· Registered
2022 Evo
1,024 Posts
I know this is total overkill but for trash I use the Sea Sucker trash adaptor on the bottom of one of my hatches with a mesh bag. Works great. Open the hatch and its easy to throw all the empty beer cans in there ;) :p

If you want I can post a pic when I get home. I usually keep the bucket in the cockpit when I go out with it but I imagine some straps and or bungees should work on the platform. The yeti bucket already has a nonslip base so should help if its properly secured.

Waste Band - Small

Hood Motor vehicle Azure Automotive design Vehicle door

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The age old question arises…. What’s a sandbar
Ok ok, I’m just gonna say this right Langdon, if that hells bay doesn’t make it to a sandbar every once in a while for a few beers and some music, then you need to come visit down here in FL this summer. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, is too good for a sandbar hang.

· Registered
160 Posts
this is a little off topic but for those of you that use your yeti bucket to store an anchor what anchor are you using that fits in the bucket?
Claw Anchor I bought from west marine. Shoot me a DM and I'll try to remember to grab a picture of it pretty sure I use the 4 pound version. It digs in the sand and I keep 100' of rope+a 4 foot chain rode. It doesn't take much anchor to hold a skiff in place on some sand. I have the extra rope mostly for if I ever get stuck while offshore when I poke around looking for grouper.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
No time for hanging out on a sand bar…we fishin’ ole son.
While I would rather be fishin too, sometimes you gotta pay the dues.

I gotta say the sandbars around here (Miami) are not your average sandbars though. I'd get a pic of the neighbor's wife but if I got caught, I'd get stuffed in the livewell with the trash.

· Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
18,816 Posts
While I would rather be fishin too, sometimes you gotta pay the dues.

I gotta say the sandbars around here (Miami) are not your average sandbars though. I'd get a pic of the neighbor's wife but if I got caught, I'd get stuffed in the livewell with the trash.
One woman is enough to keep up with!

· Registered
157 Posts
Anyone have a good technique for securing a yeti bucket to the platform without having a special spot for it welded in to the platform? I’m not using it as much for an anchor set up, more so for more storage/ trash. Thinking I can probably figure out a strap set up of some kind!

View attachment 227847
as w/ everything labeled YETI these buckets come w/ molded in tie/strap down points located on the rim that holds the handle

4 of them run thru the horizontal top edge

Font Plastic Circle Gas Tints and shades

2 reinforced holes are located under the handle pivot point

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Machine

said holes are slots that accept the official YETI Tie Down Kit

Font Auto part Bicycle part Fashion accessory Metal

or you can simply use 1" nylon strappage w/ a life jacket buckle thru the slots and around the tower poles or down thru a pair SS battery hold downs

pick up the next orange/Mae West life jacket you see on the side of the road and cob the strap(s) from it

POC

leon

· I Love microskiff.com!
81 Posts
Font Fashion accessory Metal Event Circle

I use the above to strap it to the side of the platform.

Blue Liquid Material property Gas Drinkware

And I put this on top when needed.

During marsh hen season I put ice in the bucket and add the "slit top". Makes it easy to drop birds into it. I don't mind adding fish to my drink cooler, but hate feathers everywhere.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts