Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Securing a Yeti bucket

2867 Views 42 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Delek
Anyone have a good technique for securing a yeti bucket to the platform without having a special spot for it welded in to the platform? I’m not using it as much for an anchor set up, more so for more storage/ trash. Thinking I can probably figure out a strap set up of some kind!

Sky Purple Plant Gas Tints and shades
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
Beryllium 16’ build in progress
58 Posts
might be able to use a Velcro strap and strap the tie down slot on the bucket to your horizontal step on the poling platform and then a bungee around the bucket itself to the vertical legs of the poling platform

· Registered
573 Posts
Use mine to keep everything off the deck including trash I found in the water. Unfortunately too much of it …. Picked this up about 18 months ago for $35. I can remove it as needed.

Attachments

· Registered
573 Posts
It fits perfectly in the lip of the bucket and a couple of rubber straps keeps it tight

· Registered
160 Posts
Bungee

I run this around the lip in the bucket and secure to the platform. I've fished 2 full tarpon seasons with that setup and never had issues. I run my anchor in the bucket and occasionally for trash. But with the anchor in the bucket at the based of the platform I can quickly drop the anchor ball or put it away without having to mess with a lot of stuff. It's been a good setup for me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts