Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
New to the site. Found a Sears Gamefisher 14 2' here in MI. Curious to get peoples take with way more experience with boats than myself. I saw a few rebuilds on here. Curious as to how easy it would be to install a front and back deck to this boat. Also if you guys think it's priced fairly.

Here is the link to the boat.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2205363239531941/?ref=messenger_banner

Thanks for taking a look at it and I appreciate the feedback.

El Duderino

·
Registered
422 Posts
A boat is worth what somebody will pay for it. I live in Florida and our used prices may be different than what you have in MI. Based on what I would pay for it in Fl I would price it as a buyer as follows: Boat $700, Motor $300, Trailer $400 for a total of $1,400. I owned 2 Gamefisher hulls in the 80's and they are good hulls. The only problem I knew of was that the glue that held the seats to the hull could come loose but this is an easy problem to fix. You could put decks on the boat but I would be worried with the extra weight and draft. On the motor do a compression test to make sure the rings are still good. Make sure the water pump is working and ask when they changed it last. That motor is very small for that boat so you will probably replace it soon. Make sure the trailer tires rotate without making noise (jack them up and spin them). Bottom line this is not a lot of money to get on the water. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Hull brand new in '86 $1200(owned one)
It will take a front deck fine...between front seat and middle seat

Rated max. hp was 30hp...I think

pricey.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Viking you're totally right. Like most things it's worth what someone is willing to pay. Preciate your intel and advice.

Top-did some digging around the site and found your build awesome stuff. Thanks for the info about the price of it new. Front deck and bow mount troller will be huge with whatever I get. Gonna be solo fly fishing rivers from it. Thanks man.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,108 Posts
Its a tri hull so it may be skinny but the ride will be hard
I guess a polling platform is out of the question
Yep motor could be bigger

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PermitChaser- yeah I've been reading up on Tri Hulls seems like they might be a bumpy ride but, very stable. I'm looking for something to run up rivers(very slow and some are pretty narrow) here in MI to troll back down and fish the smaller inland lakes. Yeah that 4hp ain't gonna cut it.

Boneheaded-That's kinda the number I had in my head as well.

Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts