Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,319 Posts
Congrats. Will be following your restoration work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patching screw holes and cutting out some wood for a new transom. Wife and I decided when it’s done we
Are gonna paint the exterior dark gray

·
Registered
602 Posts
Looks like a serious project, but with Corona, everyone has plenty of time.

Good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some updated pictures of glassing the transom in place. Got to the point that it floats and keeps water out. Had to make a test run to try out the 15 horse I picked up and finally got the registration for. With no seats and the front platform not really attached to anything the boat has a lot of flex. When I get some money going to lay some additional glass on the floor and tie it into the sides of the boat as well. Then stringers and a floor will be added which should give the boat the rigidity it needs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up is getting to work laying down some extra glass on the floor and then glassing in the stringers. With the seats removed the hull has a lot of flex. So this should give it some strength/rigidity and allow me to have a flat floor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No real updates just been using the boat. Slapped some plywood down to see how it felt and I was not a fan of how high the floor was in the boat. Going a different direction with the stringers/floor. Also picked up what will be the permanent power plant 1958 evinrude 35 horse with electric start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts