Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed their own SeaDek or is there a like competitor that I just haven’t run across?

Looking to add some to the skiff but just started looking at different options.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
630 Posts

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
14,996 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,332 Posts
I used both Seadek and Hydroturf on my last skiff and my cooler. I’m hesitant to put more Seadek on my current skiff for a couple of reasons. The brushed Seadek is kinda a pain to clean especially compared to my current non-skid. The areas you put Seadek on will be discolored compared to the rest of you skiff. I will say that the Hydroturf on my cooler is holding up well going on 4 years now and it seems easier to clean than brushed Seadek.

·
Registered
Heron w/50 hatsu
367 Posts
I recently did the diy template and install of 6 mm brushed teak seadek on my boat. Turned out really nice. Pretty easy to do. It gets pricey when you do the teak because it has to be 6mm thick. Much cheaper if you go thinner. It seems pretty easy to clean as long as you don't allow nasty stuff to dry on it like blood. Very nice on the feet. Pm me if you want an idea on cost .

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.