Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys getting your seadek or marine mat? I bought a new-to-me Skimmer skiff with a poling & casting platform, but I want to add some mat on them. I live in Austin, TX so I can’t just take it to some local dealer to have it installed, since the closest one is in Houston.

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,047 Posts
I'm doing a custom order for mine. I will add it to my original post. Should hopefully be here the end of this week.

If you do any CAD or 2D drawings you can just make your own and send it over to Sea-dek. The thicker stuff feels better but cost more.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think they have a San Antonio or Austin rep selling it through Castaway Customs. Contact Brian or Kaylor Little (Sabine Skiffs).

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,083 Posts
I called Seadek they sent me a template for my Yeti lid. I cut it out boom, see my avatar. Had some left over to use as fly reel rest and some behind my console to stand on. Then small pieces sandwiched together to put under the ends of my push pole while on the boat. Keeps it from bouncing
I keep the Yeti in the downstairs garage when not on the boat and all the rest stay on the boat. Had it several years and it still looks great

·
Registered
66 Posts
I say this on every turf thread hahaha but I think hydro turf b stock is where it’s at. You get a huge sheet that will last for multiple applications at a fraction of the cost. I’d love some seadek but $$$

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,083 Posts
I think I jus bought a scrap or odd size. Im cheap so it wasn't much

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’v gotten in touch with Mattlow and he’ll be coming over to help me with my order. I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’ll report back with pics once it’s all done and installed.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
91 Posts
cardboard cut out fold it up and ship it to Castaway or give them dimensions thats if you want a custom top. If you DIY it Amazon and a razor blade works perfect
There’s no need for making your own templates anymore. Castaway Customs has Reps able to scan your skiffs from South East Texas and Central Texas. We are in Corpus/Rockport/POC every other week or so.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,527 Posts
Where are you guys getting your seadek or marine mat? I bought a new-to-me Skimmer skiff with a poling & casting platform, but I want to add some mat on them. I live in Austin, TX so I can’t just take it to some local dealer to have it installed, since the closest one is in Houston.
Contact Kaylor Little with Castaway Customs. They have a guy working for them in the Austin area. He can come out scan your boat and install it for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got to take the skiff out after getting the mat put on. Very pleased with it and Matt was great to work with. I’m impressed with the difference it made after being on the platform all day, 3 days straight. Everything lined up perfectly, the fit and finish was better than I expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used a camping sleeping pad..a pair of scissors...bingo...poling and casting pads and even a step aboard that pads the console seat as I never drag the cushions out.

Roll em up and stick em in the console. Stick em down in the collapsible casting basket when running.

$15.00...plus if I wanna stand on the deck if it’s real windy...I move the pad with me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts