Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· I Love Skinny Water
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While pumping gas today there was a 20" Sea Ark with a white 200 Zuke and lights all over the front. So I had to talk to them. The man and wife and kid where coming back from Adesto ? SC. He told me the lights where LED and it looked like daylight when they crank it up. All was power by a whisper quite gas generator. Sea Ark built the cool aluminum platform on the front to stand on and shoot
They said they target flounder but get sharks and catfish
Wish I had taken a picture

· Registered
1,332 Posts
If you don’t want to ruin the middle thick fillets it’s hard. Gigging them in the head from a moving boat is one thing...I have done a lot of bow fishing down here shooting carp for catfish bait years ago.
Shot placement isn’t any different shooting flounder in the face/gills as to shooting carp or whatever else you want in the gill/ head area. Looking at around a 4-5” circle on either.

Only difference is flounder typically aren’t moving and, in the case of where I shot them, shallower.

Shooting flounder with a bow is actually quite boring because it’s so easy.

I’d rather poke em in the head or across the gills...
Fish Photography Vacation Selfie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.