Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
You have to name the shop and serial number so it might work if they got it from a shop. Has to be authorized dealer and they track where that serial number went to from factory.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Don’t get me wrong I love the rods and company. I have several Scott’s. I bought a couple in like new condition from a guide, one broke it cost me $250 to have it fixed. I won’t buy one used again

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,733 Posts
Don’t get me wrong I love the rods and company. I have several Scott’s. I bought a couple in like new condition from a guide, one broke it cost me $250 to have it fixed. I won’t buy one used again
Why would you post this on another man’s classified ad? No one asked what you would do. If you have no intention of buying it why comment like that? This is one of the reasons lots of other forums went to no reply ads.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I guess we are the only ones that cringe every time he lowballs someone with a rod for sale?
Despite the offers I'm pretty sure he never actually buys anything he makes an offer on. He's done it to me several times in the past.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,394 Posts
Scott, if you are re-looking at this thread, up in the top right end corner of microskiff's browser of your screen is the word "INBOX" with a icon of an envelope. You know.... "You've got Mail!" Check out your inbox and you probably have lots of mail to look at. If you want start a conversation with someone, like ask.... "I'll offer you....." then click on either the name of the person you want to talk to, in the thread you happen to be in, or the person's avatar and a little window will pop-up. There you will see an option to "Start a Conversation!" That's how you PM somebody (Private Message)! So click that and it will take you into your microskiff mail room where you can type a message to the person like.... I'll offer you......!"

Got it?

Scott, what do you do with all these countless fly rods and reels I see you make your "offers" with? You must have an entire room in your house just dedicated to storing them all. :rolleyes:

So I hope this helps because the next time I see you publicly say... "I'll Offer you....," I'm gonna report you to the board moderators for being publicly annoying! o_O

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Well while it is typically accepted on most forums that you should use PMs to make offers, there is nothing in the rules of this site that says you can't make an offer on the thread itself. Annoying? Maybe, but not against the rules.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts