Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to show the modifications I did to mine, trying to bring it closer to a Towee, but much cheaper. I love the boat for shallow running or drifting rivers. The lower part of the outside is coated with Wetlander to protect the fiberglass from rocks. I added Wave Wackers so it can go stern first into waves. I built a bow cap and extended the front and rear benches, and added a plywood floor.
This boat can be purchased from Two Rivers Canoe in Medway, Maine. The owner Barry Davis knows more about big canoes than anyone I have known. He designed the 21’ Maine Freighter canoe that Abitibi builds. Good stuff!

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
256 Posts
Wanted to show the modifications I did to mine, trying to bring it closer to a Towee, but much cheaper. I love the boat for shallow running or drifting rivers. The lower part of the outside is coated with Wetlander to protect the fiberglass from rocks. I added Wave Wackers so it can go stern first into waves. I built a bow cap and extended the front and rear benches, and added a plywood floor.
This boat can be purchased from Two Rivers Canoe in Medway, Maine. The owner Barry Davis knows more about big canoes than anyone I have known. He designed the 21’ Maine Freighter canoe that Abitibi builds. Good stuff!
Nice, I own one as well. I’m going to go with a whole cap so it will look kind of like a Dragonfly Marsh Hen. Lot of work, but it will suit my needs better. I use mine to duck hunt and fly fish. It’s been a solid boat. I was going to buy a Towee and this boat fell into my lap for less than half the price so I sort had to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is interested in what the 21’ Freighter looks like. 56” beam, 20” depth. Barry says it is fine in open water with 3’ waves. Much more seaworthy than a Towee/Duck or Gheenoe.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts