SC18 w/ 25hp Yamaha 4 stroke

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by snookman716, Jul 23, 2013.

1. snookman716

snookman716 I Love microskiff.com!

My build is next up and i wanted to know if anyone had tried props with a 25hp 4 stroke Yam or any brand thats a 25hp 4 stroke. I want to get a prop in my hands before the boat because i know the tunnels do not like the 3 blade aluminum. Also correct me if im mistaken but when i go on Prop Tech's website they do not show on the right hand side of the page that they "affiliate" with Yamaha, they do not say they dont they just dont have Yamaha listed. I definitely plan on a 4 blade just not sure on pitch. Thanks

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Cap if you want get a prop to start tuning look at the Solas Amita, can be had for $82 from iboats.  I always prefer starting with aluminum on smaller boats and working with a local shop to get the pitch and cup right before ordering a stainless.

My shop here in  Houston did several adjustments for free, since it was alum it only took 10 minutes.  Also let them know you'll be buying the prop through them and work a discount!

And you'll probably be looking for a 10 or 11 pitch 4 blade.

Is this the PT Prop info you're looking for? http://www.ptprop.com/images/stories/docs/bclass.pdf

3. snookman716

snookman716 I Love microskiff.com!

Ill check it out for sure! Thanks sir!