Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2021 HB Professional Tunnel
714 Posts
Thanks y'all- I'm in Texas and will hunt up the Navionics Platinum Chip. I've had this skiff and the new GPS for 3 months and we just bought & remodeled a new house so upgrading is not in the cards at present. I'm not looking for anything crazy, I know my waters and it's not like I'm at any threat of getting lost but want a little insurance for exploring.
We just covered this in the next episode on the podcast. You want the Texas one chip, you can get it locally from Simmons custom rigging.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
We just covered this in the next episode on the podcast. You want the Texas one chip, you can get it locally from Simmons custom rigging.
Which one? Classic , Premium or Pro? How many "safe" routes does the Pro version have? That is all I really care about , how to get from point A to B. I don't really care about how good the imagery is .

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2021 HB Professional Tunnel
714 Posts
Which one? Classic , Premium or Pro? How many "safe" routes does the Pro version have? That is all I really care about , how to get from point A to B. I don't really care about how good the imagery is .

·
I Love microskiff.com!
504 Posts
You can create your own sat imagery chips if you invest some time into learning it and the software. Otherwise paying for a chip is the way to go.
What program do you use to create your own satellite imagery chips? More important question might be if I can hire someone to create a custom chip if I need multiple copies one the same custom satellite imagery card for a specific geographic boundary?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts