Saltwater Experience at BPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HaMm3r, Feb 28, 2009.

1. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

While reading Florida Fishing Weekly a few days ago, I came across an ad for several promotional events and free seminars occurring at various Bass Pro Shops around the country. One of these included appearances in Orlando by Tom Rowland and Rich Tudor of Saltwater Experience TV fame. From its inception, SE has been the one fishing show that I will watch regardless of the topic, simply because it is so well produced and because I always come away from the “experience” feeling like I’ve learned something that I can apply to my own angling adventures. So, the prospect of seeing these guys speak led me to make the trek to BPS this afternoon. :cool:
    Both Tom and Rich are excellent presenters and really did their best to engage the audience. Tom focused on techniques for safely and enjoyably fishing with children, while Rich discussed strategies and equipment for sight-fishing both salt and freshwater species. There was a lot of good information provided, and the Q&A portion of the lectures generated a lot of interest, especially from the kids. ;D

Here are a few pictures…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the speeches were over, Tom and Rich began mingling with the crowd, so I took the opportunity to shake their hands and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they both truly seemed eager to make your acquaintance and share a few fishing stories. :) Tom recognized my forum username and we ended up speaking for several minutes about hunting in Argentina and fly fishing for bass, amongst other things. But it was after Tom suggested that Rich take our picture and then Tom went with me, unasked, to the fly shop and spent several minutes talking bass flies and techniques one-on-one, that I realized that despite the fame, they were just regular guys like us, that love fishing and just happen to be blessed enough to make a living doing what they love. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Thanks Tom and Rich, it was a pleasure meeting you both. :)

2. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

3. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

HaMm3r's brush with fame Very nice.

I met Kelly Tilghman from the Golf Channel at work one day. Way hotter.

4. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Bwwahahahahaaaa! ;D

But can she fish? Scratch that...who the heck cares! ;)

My kid is friends with Martha Sugalski's kid, if we're starting a famous hottie you've met contest. ;D

5. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Exactly. She would definitely look good on the front of the boat. ;)

OK, I had to look up Martha, and i concede the point to you. :D
    I wonder what Jessica Alba is doing these days.