Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering one of these boats done up in green and tan for a blast n cast rig. I’m currently using a Carolina Skiff 16DLX and have grown weary of the harsh ride. The SM does have around 6 degrees of “V” that carries all the way through the transom whereas the CS is a completely flat bottom. My question is how much better will the SaltMarsh ride that my current CS? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Probably similar. Not an open water boat. I have had one since June of 2016 and love it. With that being said it is ideal for the area I live in. I use mine for redfishing, shrimping, duck hunting, gator hunting etc.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ball beater in rough chop but definitely better than a flat bottom skiff. Like jlindsley I love mine too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree with the above comments and will say it’s an awesome boat. It’s not the smoothest ride when things get rough but for size and shape I’d say it isn’t too bad. I would test ride one if you can. Where are you located?

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
Im considering one of these boats done up in green and tan for a blast n cast rig. I’m currently using a Carolina Skiff 16DLX and have grown weary of the harsh ride. The SM does have around 6 degrees of “V” that carries all the way through the transom whereas the CS is a completely flat bottom. My question is how much better will the SaltMarsh ride that my current CS? Any thoughts?
I ran one for 6 months with a 50 Tohatsu on the back. It was scary fast but a decent running backcountry skiff. I think a 40 would do nicely. I would at the very least get tabs to help you out in a chop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts