Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any owner of 1444 and float on trailer give me length from back of motor to front of either standard trailer or swing tongue? Trying to figure out garage space. Greatly appreciate any info.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
670 Posts
Mine is about 18 feet without a swing tongue. That is with a standard Continental trailer. Hope that helps.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
I can measure mine when I get home today. I just saw this post. I have a standard Continental but know where the breakaway tongue would be.

Reactions: bjtripp83

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
All the customer needs to do would have been call. Its 16'8" for a Float-On with swing tongue... but I guess I'm lame because I don't spend all day checking IG, FB and forums :)
You’re not lame. The builder is for not having the spec. Read twice. Apparently he did call. What kind of answer is we don’t have one to measure. Thanks for checking in. Glad you had time.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked the builder for a few pieces of info. They were gonna get back to me when they could get it all. I figured I’d ask on here too since I could prob get a quick response. To be clear, I’m looking for the length of BMT, not just the trailer length. For swing tongue and standard tongue. Thanks again for any info.

The builders reputation for customer service is stellar. The service has been outstanding for me as well. No complaints, no trouble, just posting on a message board.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
694 Posts
All the customer needs to do would have been call. Its 16'8" for a Float-On with swing tongue... but I guess I'm lame because I don't spend all day checking IG, FB and forums :)
You’re not lame. The builder is for not having the spec. Read twice. Apparently he did call. What kind of answer is we don’t have one to measure. Thanks for checking in. Glad you had time.
I'm pretty sure this is Mel, owner/designer of SM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is Mel, owner/designer of SM.
Yes, its me. To be honest, I'd get a swing tongue on any trailer regardless of fit into a garage. Get that tongue out of the way in case you have maybe one too many beverages while getting ready for fishing the next morning. Hurts to hit your shin on the trailer coupler late at night. So I've heard on the internet of course, not that its ever happened to me :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
For everybody a pretty accurate rule of thumb for a swing tongue would be length of boat + engine length + 8". Engine length is about 20"- 22" for 20hp, up to 24" - 26" for 40-60 hp. This is for a standard transom. Sponson style transoms get to deduct the offset.....

In extreme cases the winch assembly can be mounted on the swing portion of the trailer tongue so deduct the 8". I personally don't like the extra weight of the assembly on the swing portion. But if it makes it fit...

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
Standard BMT length on a Continental w/ no swing tongue is 18'7" with 20 HP Suzuki trimmed all the way down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts