Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let's us have some details...motor? Trailer? Options?...mine is starting mid to late March. I swear every day I look on this site, Instagram and Facebook for new builds. Anxious

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
Congrats!! It is truly an amazing skiff!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Details and accessories for my Heron 18.
  • 90-E-tec Programmed for HD-100 oil and Power Tech Prop (CFF4R15POM140)
  • Atlas Jack plate 4" set back
  • Sea-Star pt1000- Pro series single jack plate control
  • Power Mania 2 bank charger
  • Minn Kota 24 volt terrova I-pilot
  • Casting Platform raised to 18" with leaning bar and spinning rod holder
  • V marine aluminum spool push pole holders
  • Grab bars on console
  • Livewell plumbed
  • NMEA network I-Con pro
  • Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 with two transducers
  • All metal work powder coated black
  • Two vertical spinning rod holders and stake out added to polling platform
  • Seadek pad on casting platform w/ logo and Seadek pad on polling platform
  • Float on trailer w/ upgraded wheels.
I will post some pics of the complete build as soon as its done,

Thanks for looking very excited to put this boat to work.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats on what looks to be a killer build. Looks like it should be completed soon. Just curious, can you tell me when they sprayed the gelcoat in the mold? I'm just trying to get an idea of how quickly your build is progressing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe it was early December but I know they also shut down after Christmas.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Mine was started about the same time. Looks like yours is moving along much better though. Looks like yours could be ready for delivery this coming week. Great boats with a great builder reputation, I looked hard at the Heron but went a different route, best wishes!

Reactions: Glenn K

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heron 18 picked up from the East Coats and brought home to the West Coast!

Attachments

·
Paddling away...
6,394 Posts
That turned out sweet!!! Looks incredible! You got good taste, a Heron18 and a 1656? I have the Heron 16 and 1444. haha

·
Registered
514 Posts
Details and accessories for my Heron 18.
  • 90-E-tec Programmed for HD-100 oil (CFF4R15POM140)
Back around 2006 I blew my 90 Etec with only 126 hours. Read on forums back then that HD-100 was the cause. Will never know! Did you do any research on this that influences you to go that route? I know it has been 13 years but, just curious..

Nice looking sled btw!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very nice and tastefully put together, I'm sure you are well pleased with how it turned out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sweet ride!

If you do not mind me asking....what make and model cooler is that in front of the console....I’m guessing a Yeti 35?

I like how it doesn’t stick out much beyond your console.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sweet ride!

If you do not mind me asking....what make and model cooler is that in front of the console....I’m guessing a Yeti 35?

I like how it doesn’t stick out much beyond your console.
I'd like to know this too. A buddy of mine who has the 18 uses a Yeti 50, and while it fits nicely width wise, it is a little tall for the backrest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Back around 2006 I blew my 90 Etec with only 126 hours. Read on forums back then that HD-100 was the cause. Will never know! Did you do any research on this that influences you to go that route? I know it has been 13 years but, just curious..

Nice looking sled btw!
From what I read HD-100 full synthetic ,was suppose to provide better lubrication, burn cleaner, smokeless, odorless and use less oil made for modern motors. I'm not a mechanic I just assume it would be the better choice I hope I made the right decision. Also the motor does have to have the tune changed to run the HD-100 they come from the factory set to run HD-50.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been fishing the past two weekends and the boat has been doing great it's not a speed demon with my prop choice but it jumps out of the hole like a rocket and plans almost instantly and I'm also able to run fully jacked up due to the extreme cupping on the prop it still grabs getting around the mid 30s. Perfect for were I normally fish. One of the most impressive things is the ride you can bow down on the tabs and it will eat up the chop. Have not poled it yet been fishing different areas using the trolling motor. I have fished deeper rough water for several hours working a line of rocks and it handled well. I added a drain in one of the back hatches for a fish box and it keeps ice for a days fishing turned out pretty good for not being insulated. Thanks for all the comments.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts