Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to thank all you guys for all the great information on Ankona/Saltmarsh. I finally pulled the trigger at the Charlestown, SC boat show and put a deposit down on a 1656. Now I just have to wait...Rose tells me it will be about the end of May for my start date. Actually that's ok as I'm going to wait for the "white" colored Tohatsu 40/50hp. It's suppose to be available end of May/June. Rose and Erin have been wonderful to work with.

I do have two question. Would you put a Micro Power Pole on a SM 1656?
Is there a big difference between the continental and float on trailers (from a support point of view)?

Stay safe and Tight Lines,
Marty

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a continental. Trailer is great- Going back I would have done stainless hardware. no issues yet but I will most likely change out in next year for peace of mind.

I have the 50 hp ( I recommend going with this as it is the same weight as the 40 and not more much $)

Powerpole is user preference. I just turn my push pole around and stick in mud or keep a small anchor tied off on platform I can slip over. Didn't want the extra weight and something else to break..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,561 Posts
I have a continental. Trailer is great- Going back I would have done stainless hardware. no issues yet but I will most likely change out in next year for peace of mind.

I have the 50 hp ( I recommend going with this as it is the same weight as the 40 and not more much $)

Powerpole is user preference. I just turn my push pole around and stick in mud or keep a small anchor tied off on platform I can slip over. Didn't want the extra weight and something else to break..
if you have the $$$, go with the Power Pole Micro. Its is very helpful when poling or trolling solo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts