SOLD/EXPIRED Salt Marsh 1444

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by akingsc, Jul 6, 2015.

1. akingsc

akingsc I Love microskiff.com!

http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/5107899143.html
    Craigslist find, not mine, these dont come up for sale too often.

2. agezza1

agezza1 I Love microskiff.com!

Drove all the way to savannah from South Florida to pick this boat up today. HIN on boat does not match the HIN on the title, it was off by ~4 characters. It may have been a clerical error, or the boat may not be legit. I had to walk, after driving 7 hours. Just a warning to anyone interested in this boat.

3. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

That sucks. Too bad you couldn't have called Ankona and ask them to check their records and confirm the HIN.

4. agezza1

Yeah, I learned my lesson on that for sure. Next time I will be confirming that before I travel to see any boat.

5. stalkintail

stalkintail Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I drove 5 hours for a skiff a few years ago to find out that the owner couldn't produce a title.

6. spottail1588

spottail1588 I Love microskiff.com!

This is my boat. Seems like you are posting as if I knew the numbers did not match. I emailed rose@ salmarsh and will be going to DNR this week to figure out clerical error. I also drove 2 and a Half hours to meet you. Anyone interested ,this clerical error will be fixed this week

7. agezza1

If not for the HIN the boat would have been in South Florida right now. I had no way of knowing what the deal with the mismatching HIN's was especially since I was dealing completely through craigslist, which made me want to let people know in case it was something sketchy.

Knowing you're a forum member and seeing your post history makes me feel a hell of a lot better about it being a clerical error. But I'm still out ~$250 and 14 hours over that clerical error.

Regardless, once you've sorted that out someone is going to get a nice little skiff for the money. Hopefully its a relatively painless process for you, since stuff like that tends to be needlessly complicated.

8. Hunterj5

Hunterj5 I Love microskiff.com!

Why are you selling? I am interested in a saltmarsh but am between the 14 and 16.

9. spottail1588

Only selling because I have another 14 on order and have a demo lowcountry 16. I have spoken with rose @ salt marsh and the issue will be resolved by weeks end. Sorry about your drive Alex but like I said , I had no way of knowing.

10. austinweave

austinweave I Love microskiff.com!

I noticed the skiff was still on CL; a little smaller than I'd love but I like it and assuming clerical errors are corrected and verified, I'd like to take a look- no driving since I live in Mt. Pleasant.
    Anybody know of a nice, used 20-25HP tiller motor for sale or what I may be able to get one for?

11. spottail1588

Shoot me a p.m. And ill give you my number or email me through Craigslist.

12. Indoman

Indoman I Love microskiff.com!

Rode in this boat several months back.   Member was very accommodating and rushed home after work to fit my schedule as I was only in town for a few hours.  He was not selling it at the time just offered up a test ride.    Cool little boat.  Rides surprisingly well.  I had a 16 built but the ride in this gave me confidence to drive down to Fort Pierce and wet test a 16 and place an order.

For jon boat money you'll get a great little boat that will ride much quieter and handle some chop without frammin' and bammin' like a jon would. 

13. Tom_Salisbury

Tom_Salisbury I Love microskiff.com!

Sorry to high jack thread. How does the Lc 16 compare to the saltmarsh 14. I am deciding on a Lc and 16 skiff. Thanks.

14. spottail1588

Boat is SOLD. @scredfish. It doesn't compare the the 14 . Two different kind of skiffs. The 14 is a great hunting/ fishing, get super skinny,2 man kind of boat. The lowcountry16 still gets about 7 or 8 " fully loaded w/ a 60 hp. It is dead silent on the pole and poles decently . It planes easily with 4 people for sandbar trips. Both great in there own way. If your local p.m. Me and you can take it for a ride.
    @indoman thanks