Salt Marsh 1444 Petrol Blue/Biscuit

Discussion in 'Bragging Spot' started by thepatten, Jul 7, 2017.

1. thepatten

thepatten Active Member

Haven't really felt like posting a bragging section build post but I uploaded pics for a couple of private messages and figured I'd share. Slated to pick up next Saturday and still needs the rigging. Looking at 20 Tohatsu, powder coat black poling platform and grab bar that'll fit a Yeti 35 we already have. Photos include the color cards for the colors so you can compare card with how it came out. I think it looks bluer with less gray than the petrol blue color card, but am good with the end result. We are definitely excited and are just trying to finish up getting the small things needed for the skiff as well as registration etc before pickup day. I'll post more pictures as I get them and when she finally hits the water, which won't be soon enough.

GG34 likes this.
  2. fjmaverick

fjmaverick Well-Known Member

Some colors are harder to match than others. I had a boat I wanted the same color as pathfinders ice blue and it came out a mix between sky blue and baby blue. I ended up liking it a lot but it wasnt what I was going for originally.

Getting close to the end. Wont be much longer now.

thepatten likes this.

3. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

You can run your boat for 30 days with the bill of sale in Florida so don't worry if you can't get it registered before your pickup. Looks sharp.

Fritz and thepatten like this.
  4. thepatten

thepatten Active Member

That's nice but we live in Charleston. Either way trying to get it all sorted so I don't have to worry about those things and can focus on enjoying the skiff.

5. zthomas

zthomas I Love microskiff.com!

Have you seen it in person, or did the SM folks send you the pics? I ask because digital photos are highly unreliable when it comes to representing colors. It may look very different in person. That said, I think that color combo looks really sharp in the pics.

thepatten likes this.
  6. Backcountry 16

10 4 you'll be happy I am sure I was impressed with the fit and finish coming out of that shop. Enjoy it I love mine so far.

1shotmike and thepatten like this.
  7. thepatten

thepatten Active Member

That's definitely true about digital photos not showing color correctly, and Erin told me that after sending the first picture in mold that's really blue. I'm digging it. Appreciate the kind words everyone.

8. Austin_Boudreaux

Austin_Boudreaux I Love microskiff.com!

Nice Skiff! Like the color!

thepatten likes this.
  9. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

Looks sweet! I like the 2 Herons in front and behind your skiff

1shotmike likes this.
  10. JET4

JET4 I Love microskiff.com!

very nice and like the color

11. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Looking good!

12. 1shotmike

1shotmike Well-Known Member

Yobata, the one in the doorway is the prototype 18. Can't wait to see that one finished!

yobata likes this.
  13. 1shotmike

14. Backcountry 16

I will second that my build was very easy and they answered everytime I called.

1shotmike and thepatten like this.
  15. thepatten

thepatten Active Member

Rose and Erin have gone above for the last 1.5 years as I slowly started to ask more and more questions via email. I can't say enough how appreciative I am of their patience with my questions and requests.

16. 1shotmike

Amen to that. Rose will certainly confirm what an anal PITA I was before, during, and after my build. Incredible patience and understanding.

thepatten likes this.