Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Salt Marsh 1444 for sale in Cape Charles, Virginia $8,800.

It has a sable brown hull and a desert sand deck. I purchased the boat in October of 2015. The only reason I am selling is that I am upgrading to their new heron 18.

Boat Specifications;

Salt Marsh 1444 http://www.saltmarshskiffs.com/sm1444/

Length: 14' Beam: 44" Waterline / 58" Deck Level

Weight: 185 Lbs Max HP: 20 Hp

IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg
IMG_2764.jpg
IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg

Options include;

- Mercury Outboard (15hp four stroke, 15-inch short shaft, pull start) it is a 2006 that I bought as new old stock when I purchased the boat. The motor is very reliable, well maintained and start on the first pull. I get 26 mph lightly loaded and 21mph with a heavy load. Tithe outboard is outfitted with a powertec stainless steel prop. And has a carbon marine 24” tiller extension.

-Polling Platform with stakeout pin tube (and will come with stake out pin) There is also a rod holder on the polling platform in trolling position.

- All the Aluminum on the boat is powder coated black

-8 Gallon Aluminum Fuel Tank

-Under gunnel Sea Deck (Black & Brown)

-Sea Deck Ruler on bow (Black & Brown)

- Marinco 6amp onboard battery charger

-Optima Marine Battery

- Rule-Mate 500 GPH Bilge pump

-Venture Trailer with new tires in December 2017

-Raycor inline Fuel Filter

-Lamaglass 18-foot Push Pole

-Electical package – Bilge Pump, Navigation & anchor Light and the boat is wired with transducer/sounder for a Lowrance 7 inch Elite. Selling the boat without the actual unit but will leave the transducer/ sounder and bracket and all the wiring in place. I use the unit on my 23 foot Parker.

This boat is a very well made and extremely stable for its size and has caught many fish.

My Name is Zach Pfingst my Cell Phone is 757.377.8261. Feel free to contact me if you have interest in my boat.

Thanks you for reading and look forward to hearing from you.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
111 Posts
Good luck with sale from a fellow Virginian! That Heron 18 will be nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would guess between 150-200. Motor runs very well and starts on the fist pull. Never had any problem at all with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you want to sell boat and trailer without engine?
Possible ....I would like to give it a while and see if I can sell the whole package together. I just posted it this week so if it doesn’t sell soon I might be open to doing that. I have 2 people coming to wet test the boat over the next week or so.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever fish the Bridge-Tunnel in it? If so how did it do?
Thanks
I have been out there with the boat on nice days fishing around Fisherman's Island, but i usually use my 23 foot Parker for that. I mostly use the 1444 on the Seasides of the Eastern Shore of Virginia, fishing the marshes, flats and barrier islands. But to answer you question is that the boat can handle way more than you think.
Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The boat SOLD today ....she is headed down to St. Simon Island GA as I write this post.... I was really sad to see her go but she is going to a good home. Thank you to everyone who had interest and thanks Microskiff for helping me sell my boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts