Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade Tarpon rod. Any thoughts, let me know...

Also line recommendations for Scott. Looking at Rio flats pro float sink tip vs Tarpon technical

Thanks

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The only way to really know which is best for you is to cast them yourself. Those are both really good rods but what works for anybody else really means little with how it will work for you and your casting stroke. Lots of guys will say go with the Xi3. Lots of guys will say go with the Meridian. Only you can decide.

Now the guys that say go Meridian would be wrong....:p

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,387 Posts
I think the Meridian in that weight is faster and slightly lighter on the swing, than the Xi3. But like Steve mentioned, both are cannons with the right casting stroke. Of course, the Meridian will cost you a few more coins, since the rod is newer. But like Steve mention, if you have the chance, cast both if possible and see which one fits you better, tho you will be hard pressed to find a Xi3 in some shop since they were discontinued years ago, outside of a friend that will let you cast theirs.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I have an xi3 and was just putting feelers out for opinions of Scott vs xi3 if available. I haven’t used the 11wt much because I don’t Tarpon fish much. Things have changed and I want to do it more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts