Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Airflo tropical punch casted nice on the payload for me. The Cortland redfish taper was another one I liked on that rod.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good mangrove lines for me are the RIO Flats pro 6’ stealth tip And the regular flats pro, they are both amazing lines and perfect for mangrove stalking or sight casting.

·
Registered
2004 Hells Bay Marquesa
30 Posts
Airflo tropical punch casted nice on the payload for me. The Cortland redfish taper was another one I liked on that rod.
Had tropical punch on my friends payload 8wtand it loaded and casted well for me. That taper really helped load the rod quick for short/medium distance shots.

·
Registered
2013 Spyder FX17
119 Posts
A bit different but I used a Rio jungle taper on my 8wt payload. It was a great combo, definitely not delicate but more accurate than I anticipated.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,655 Posts
I really like SA Grandslam on that rod, SA redfish warm water, and Rio redfish warm water.

·
Registered
2004 Hells Bay Marquesa
30 Posts
Could I also go one size up 9wt line what do you think
If Im not mistaken its already a heavier line for an 8wt line. I personally would just stick to the 8wt line. Some times when you go up another line class it starts casted real sloppy. Not an expert just from my own experience. Like mentioned above SA grand slam is also a great line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn’t over line with the tropical punch. I got in a pinch while out one day and put my 8 wt reel on my 9 wt and castes the 8 wt air flo tropical punch on a 9 wt Scott meridian and it was actually really good haha

·
Registered
Ankona Native SUV 17
124 Posts
I don’t have the Payload, but on my 290gr Sage Bass II the Rio Outbound Short is a cannon. I wouldn’t want to cast it 70’ to a tailing bonefish but for quick shots on a TX or LA red it’s a great combo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts