Sad day for a Navy Seal! (long read)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Weedy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Taken from the Glenn Beck website.

Marcus talks about another tragic loss
    Audio Available:

April 7, 2009 - 23:24 ET

Related Video - Marcus Luttrell on Glenn Beck on Fox News

GLENN: All right, hang on, Lee. I want to explain this. Marcus Luttrell called me last week. I was on my way home and he was unlike I have heard Marcus. He was beside himself. He was just emotionally drained, and he had just gotten out of the hospital the weekend before because when Marcus, who is part of the Navy SEAL team that took on it was the biggest battle the Navy SEALs have ever been involved in in the history of the Navy SEALs. Three of his teammates died. He was the lone survivor. It happened in Afghanistan. He was eventually captured. After I think three, four days, he was captured and then he was taken by the Taliban and he was tortured beyond your wildest imagination. Because of that torture, he again has had yet another surgery. He'll never be right, but he had just gotten out of the hospital. He doesn't sleep anymore at night, as he said on television, and I'll have Marcus explain that. He doesn't do well at night anymore. So he sleeps during the daytime. In the middle of the night about 1:00 in the morning, he hears a gunshot. He grabs his gun and he goes outside. He lives on a big ranch about with his mom out in Texas. He takes care of his mom and he goes outside and he sees that somebody has just executed his dog. He had a golden lab. The name of the lab was Dasy, D A S Y. Each letter stood for a call sign, if you will, of each member of the SEAL team. So this dog was given to him as a puppy during his recovery. He named her Dasy to be able to remember his fallen comrades.

Dirtbags, four of them, two are just witnesses now. One is still on the lam and the other one is now in jail. Marcus had them. He took his gun, he leveled it right at one of them. He didn't pull the trigger because he has restraint, and they got into the car. They drove away. He chased them through four different counties. He finally runs one of them runs the car off the road and he's got them and he is ready I think if he would have had a clear shot, I don't know what he would have done. But they executed his dog. They are calling him all kinds of names. They are cowering now behind the car. He calls 911 and when he calls 911, the state troopers come or the Rangers, the Texas Rangers come. Don't mess with Rangers, and don't mess with Rangers and Marcus Luttrell. I mean, that's just a suicide pact.

*** UPDATE ***
    According to Lt. Bryant Wells with the Texas Rangers, Michael Edmonds turned himself in to authorities. He was booked and was released on bond.
    So the Rangers come, they grab the guys, they are putting them in zip cuffs and these when these guys start mouthing off to Marcus: Oh, yeah? Well, we're coming for you next. Not just your stupid little dog but we're coming for you next.

Well, the problem is these guys have killed dogs in these allegedly these guys have killed dogs in the counties. There's been a rash of people shooting dogs. We think we have one of the guys' FaceBook pages, the guy who's still on the lam. We're going to verify if it's him. If it is, you won't believe what's on his Facebook. But, you know, may I just stop for a public service announcement here real quick.

VOICE: Warning, don't kill dogs. Aside from the obvious reason that killing a dog is the murder of an innocent animal that people love, there are other reasons you should not kill dogs, including you might kill Marcus Luttrell's dog. Marcus makes Jack Bauer look like Screech from Saved by the Bell. If you are still alive when he is through with you, you will undoubtedly kill yourself just so he doesn't do it again. So take off your Michael Vick jersey and leave the dogs alone, you worthless sack of crap. Thank you.

GLENN: Public service announcement: Don't kill dogs, especially not Marcus's.

So Lee, when you first heard the story, what was your thought?

CALLER: To tell you the truth, I stood up against my radio and I started crying because I understand what it's like when you're a soldier and you have everything taken from you. I know that I wanted to reach out and just thank the man for his service. I wanted to say that I guess if I could have, I would have tried to embrace him and tell him I'm sorry that happened to you. You know, if people would have had respect, that wouldn't have happened. And it's because he has respect and probably a love for God and various other things that are stable things that have been taught to him in his life that helped him get through it, it made me so upset that somebody would just disrespect somebody like that. I was very upset. I just felt for him and I wanted to tell him thank you, thank you, thank you.

GLENN: Lee, thank you for your call. I appreciate it. You know, the amazing thing about Marcus is his strength. I mean, he's a guy don't get me wrong and I'll say this with him sitting here. He's a guy who struggles. I mean, he has had obviously some real trauma in his life, and he struggles. And he is struggling now, you know. You know, anybody who knows SEAL members or anybody who knows diehard core guys, they're all the same. You know, they want to be with their friends, they want to be with their buddies, they want to be over there, they want to be watching someone's back. This is what they do. And now that Marcus is so screwed up with, you know, physically that he can't do it anymore, it's tough. It's tough. And that's why I think, you know, here's a guy who has fought in your name and my name, and I wish you knew Marcus.

Here's a guy who has given everything he has for justice, everything he has for the American republic, and he comes home and he has a really hard time. He hates it when people call him a hero. He doesn't under he was just doing his job, and he doesn't understand, quite honestly. And I don't think I would, either: Why did I live and they died. So he's going through all of this, plus the man is in pain like you wouldn't believe all the time.

He came over to my house about a month ago and he was with us. He was standing in my kitchen and I could just tell he was uncomfortable and he said, I didn't even know if I'd be able to make it here; I'm just, I'm just very uncomfortable. I'm in a lot of pain. What the Taliban did to him will live with him every single day of his life. And he comes home and he's welcomed home by a lot of people. I will tell you that it bothers him when people call him a hero, but I think he appreciates I know he does he appreciates when people remember his friends. He lives to make sure people don't forget those guys. The people of Texas know who he is and remember what he's done, better yet remember his friends and what they did. But when he called me up on the way home and he said, "Glenn, is there any justice. What has happened to us. Who are these guys. It's like I have been trained my whole life to live honorably and to go out and to get the bad guys, and the bad guys have always been some place else. And now the bad guys come to my house and they shoot my dog, and I have to stop because I'm no longer the guy that can exact justice on the bad guys." I mean, a remarkable story for people who don't believe that people with guns can behave themselves. Marcus Luttrell is exactly the kind of guy that needs a gun, somebody who can stop themselves.

Even though I'm guessing he didn't want to, I can't imagine the battle that he had in his head. As he called me up on the way home, he described, "My buddies have all died again." That dog kept them alive in his life. "My buddies have all been killed again." One of them is still on do we have the mug shots? I want to put the mug shots in the newsletter today and I want to put the phone number of the police department in case you see the guy who is out on the lam. These guys are psychos. I mean, it's clear these guys are I mean, you just don't kill dogs for the jollies.

STU: Yeah. What we believe is the MySpace page has pictures of him with, you know, not only little puppies which, I mean, so disturbing after thinking about what's happened but, you know, with guns and strung up animals and stuff. And none of that is necessarily bad in and of itself. But you just look at this story, as you look at it, and this isn't going to surprise anybody but how much better of a guy is Marcus Luttrell than you? Like the first thing that popped in my head is, man, I would not have been able to restrain myself. I would have just if they did something like that to my dog, I would have walked out and happily with a smile on my face shot them between the eyes.

GLENN: And especially in Texas.

STU: Because it would have been legal to kill them.

GLENN: Because if they were on his land and they had a gun and they had just shot the dog, I bet in Texas you could have shot them.

STU: Yeah.

GLENN: At least one of them. You could have whoever had the gun, you could have shot them.

STU: I don't even know that I would have been conflicted about it. To be perfectly honest, I don't even think I would I mean, you would have that moment of just general human, do I want to do this. But it would seem in my head at the moment so incredibly justifiable.

GLENN: Right.

STU: That I don't think they would have any I would have had any chance of stopping myself. I mean, that's how good that's how I feel like such on another level a guy like Marcus Luttrell is, you know, and a lot of guys in the military.

GLENN: See, I don't think so. You know what, I have to tell you, I don't think so. I mean

STU: Really?

GLENN: For him because he is trained to, "Don't hesitate, pull, pull, pull. Threat, pull, pull." You know what I mean? That's what he's trained to do. So he's got extra in him to overcome. But everyone who's a gun owner, if you can't control your emotions on, "Oh, my gosh, what have you just done; boom." If you can't control yourself there, you shouldn't own a gun.

STU: That's an interesting point. You might be right. I don't know.

GLENN: No, I think it's clear on that. If you can't control

STU: If someone's on your property and has just murdered your animal, I don't know that's not justifiable.

GLENN: If you don't feel threatened.

STU: They've got a gun.

GLENN: If you feel threatened.

STU: Yeah, I'm not

GLENN: If you feel threatened, yes. But if you don't feel threatened, no. You just, if somebody shoots their dog and they've got their gun and they're like, yep, I did it, you can't just now shoot them. But if they've got their gun and they're brandishing it and you're feeling threatened, you bet you can shoot them.. But that is a that's a choice. That's not, "You just killed my dog! Boom!"

STU: Yeah, I see the line you're talking. Yes, obviously you'd definitely feel threatened in that.

GLENN: Yeah, if you feel threatened. But not because of anger, not because of rage, not because

STU: Right.

GLENN: I'm exacting justice.

STU: Yeah. To be a responsible gun owner, you're making logical, sober decisions not based on anger. You know, it's the whole coming in and seeing your wife with another man and shooting him in the head. He will feel justifiable but it doesn't mean it's right.

GLENN: For me here's where it gets complicated in this. This is where it shows character and that is Marcus just got out of the hospital. He's reliving what they did to him. He gets out of the hospital. He's in excruciating pain. His dog, who is his best friend, unconditional love from his dog, his dog is named after his other buddies. He is going through all of this again because he just got out of the hospital, and he walks out and they take it. I mean, you know, there's restraint for you. And that's something that we don't have anymore.

Today Marcus was on the phone with Glenn Beck and said that he had to leave home for a while. He had to get away and be by himself for awhile. He then said that he would not do anything to the guys that murdered his dog. He then said that even though he wouldn't do anything to the perps, he can't speak for his buddies. I pray for Marcus, and I would spit on the perps. I really hope that the losers get what is deserved!

Weedy

PS, When you hear it live on the radio from Marcus, it has a totally different affect on you as an american and a human!

2. FSUfisher

FSUfisher Well-Known Member

Re: Sad day for a Seal! (long read)

Hell, I would've shot 'em. Is that bad? :-?

Honestly, this could easily go into the conversation about whether, if they're that bad, they're even worth the air they breath here.

3. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

I have run this scenrio thru my head many times. I'm sure I would of shot them myself. However, the way I look at it, is Marcus has the disapline (sp) that I do not have! I do not think that I could of held back and not shot! God Speed to Marcus, he is in my prayers and whether or not he likes it. He is a HERO in my book [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif] [smiley=usa.gif]!

4. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

Thanks Weedy. Marcus is a true hero.

As much as I loved my dog Apollo( RIP ol' buddy) if I saw that, I would have gone apesh*t. Click, click, boom..

5. gheenoeguy

gheenoeguy Well-Known Member

I listen and watch Glenn Beck and I this they should make an example out of these punks and hang them. Justice will be served.

6. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Justice will be served whether in the court room or not! [smiley=2gunsfiring_v1.gif] [smiley=guns.gif]

7. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Yesterday Marcus was on the phone (on air) with Glenn Beck, and it was heart wrenching. To listen to such a great man, such a great American soldier and hero to have to deal with such human scum is an outrage.

Even worse is to think that this young soldier, after all he's gone through, will likely end up in jail when he kills these guys. That is what he does, his instinct is to eliminate the threat. He so far has shown restraint that I don't think any of us could, were we in his shoes. I pray that he can continue that restraint, not for the life of these rogues who killed his dog, but for his own life. He doesn't deserve to go to prison, but he will if these folks disappear or are found dead.

Please pray for this young man's ongoing struggle, he certainly needs our help on this one. :'(

8. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

X'2, Did you listen to the 911 phone conversation today?? It was real tough! I did shead a tear yesterday when I listen to it, it's gut wrenching!!!!!!

9. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Story poped up today on Drudge Report

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6365427.html

10. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

being that i am a former marine and a huge fan of anything recon, or navy seals, or special forces, in general.........here is a good article on marcus's ordeal...before the dog..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/10/AR2007061001492.html

11. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

http://www.navyseals.com/seal-code-warrior-creed

United States Navy SEAL

In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.

Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.

I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.

Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me - my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.