Sad Contender stripped :-( !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Oct 31, 2011.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

This is my opinion and NOT the Views of Microskiff or Outdoor Hub ...

I'm seeing this more and more ...sad ...

Before and after of a family's beloved boat !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then there are the Cops that Run 120+ through traffic for an off duty gigg ..

Fortunately the officers I do know are very professional and would never pull a stunt like this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yStiufMfIl0.

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Re: Miami is a cesspool !

At least they unbolted the motors. At the local shop there's a recovery that the Miami thieves took a chainsaw to the transom so they could get the motors off.

-T

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

That's right, only Miami has a problem with theft and police corruption. Every where else it's a beautiful nirvana and utopian way of kumbia happiness.

You wonder why your posts get moved or removed. It's for stupid statements like this.

Don't be a tool!

:mad:

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Police are only corrupt where there are police...there are no police where Dave lives in BFE.

People only steal where there are people to steal from...there are no other persons living in BFE.

5. noeettica

I worked in Miami 30 years ago , It was bad then It's Worse now

The poor guy with this boat had NO insurance ... Looks like it was striped by pros ....

and yes we have problems where I hang out .... just not as often ...

6. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

OMG, a boat was stolen in a big city. Big surprise.

Quit complaining and go do some fishing.

Its only as bad as you perceive it to be. Plenty of people call it home and enjoy it. Lots of people wish they could visit it. Lots of fisherman enjoy the waters around it.

7. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

There was a rash of theft going on in the east orlando area not too long ago. Apparently, the thief would steal the whole boat then hook up the rig to a tree and drive off with the trailer. It was pretty shocking to see first hand at the police compound, I had to pick up a stolen motorcycle at the same time. 30K plus rigs sitting in the dirt of a yard and lets just say the owners were not pleased. Miami is not the only place were robbery occurs. I guess we can blame Dade/Broward for all the drugs and fraud too.... ;D

8. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

X2

I mean seriously I lived down there for 15 years, the Tampa bay area is no better, I don't fish theat often compared to some, but I've seen and reported many abandoned rigs stripped and floating around, or half sunken.

Not by pros, anyone could have done that with a basic tool set in just a few hours. As far as insurance goes, that's his fault and I don't feel bad for that part of it, just like I blame myself for not having my last rig insured. If your gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Some of your posts are funny and some informative, but seriously you have to stop posting junk like this, it adds nothing but a soap box for you to express your personal opinions, that's what twitter and facebook are for.

9. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

Dave -you a good guy and we all have been victims of theft, and share your anger, but you cant point the geographic finger :)

--BTW those were NOT pros ,they forgot the cleats :D
    -anytide

10. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

X2, Well said.

11. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Thats an awful thing to have happened. If I had a 31 footer with brand new twin F250s, I would have insurance.

12. iMacattack

X3

13. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Please take your meds.

14. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

First off, with no insurance they can't complain. Oh wait they didn't, you did.
    Second. What does it take to be a Pro in the theiving world. Is it like the Olympics? If you theive for trophys or meadals you're an amatuer? I guess if you steal for profit they make you turn pro?

15. noeettica

Sorry guys I misunderstood I thought "Off Topic " was OK for opinions. I'll be sure to pass that information along

Is int moving a vessel without the owners permission Theft ?

16. iMacattack

Opinions welcome.

Hyper-dramatic topics with little substance and over the top titles that put Fox News to shame... Not needed.

You do a greater disservice to the core topic with these kinds of posts. Theft and individual officers of the law making poor decisions are topics that are perfectly acceptable in Off Topic.

I have tried to passively try to help you understand this through discretely removing your topics or moving them to their proper locations. I thought you would get the hint. ::)

17. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Failure to recognize opinions versus being a drama queen.

Intelligent opinions earn respect. Drama not so much.

18. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but some of you might not know insurance is pretty pricey on a big boat these days. Even higher for a twin outboard boat. Even higher yet again in Miami. So it's ain't paradise as far as boat theft is concerned as much as I hate to burst your bubble.

And as far as Miami (or any other incredibly high theft rate area) goes, once a boat gets stolen in your neighborhood - whether it's your boat or not - your insurance goes up even more because now you live in a "high probability" area. So if your neighbor's boat gets stolen and not yours, you still lose because now your insurance goes up again! This is a continuous cycle until the average person is forced out of the insurance coverage.

So, the thieves win. Let your insurance lapse because you can't afford it or sell the boat and give up your hard-earned slice of paradise? You choose. Some people try to spend a lot of time and money on anti-theft devices in place of insurance.

But, Miami being the hotspot for boat theft it is, has professional crews that do this for a living, day in and day out. They show up with bolt cutters, they will freeze your locks off in a second, are equipped with GPS jammers to disable tracking devices, stolen plates/vehicles to tow your boat away, etc.

It's a losing battle.

To jump all over Dave because he expresses his opinion on what he feels Miami is, really ain't right. I don't think the place is a cesspool per se, but it's a fact the place is ridden with crime. Murder (heck it's a weekly staple on the show 48 hours so that is saying something right there. Theft. Boat theft is off the charts in a ridiculous manner and I would bet it ranks in the very, very top of the heap nationally when it comes to these statistics.

Maybe he should have titled it a bit differently, but the point he was trying to make is valid. Yet another family's dream boat is stolen, stripped, and left for junk. In Miami.

-T

19. iMacattack

Tom,

The issue at hand is not the premise of the topic but the delivery. I have had several comments/complaints regarding Dave's posts. Folks are getting tired of it.

If one wishes to incestigate the problem deeper here is a good starting place.

https://www.nicb.org/newsroom/news-releases/watercraft-theft-in-the-u-s-

20. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Tom, it is a losing proposition for all boat owners for sure.