Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this Hells Bay in a guys back yard, he hasn't used it since he got it from his deceased father years ago, has no plans to use it, trying to convince him to sell it.
I cried inside just looking at this magnificent beast lying there abused and forgotten

Attachments

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Wonder what it's worth sitting there like that? I might spend a couple grand and take a chance but that looks to be a complete restore.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mind if I ask what state this is in. I sold my old HB to an older gentleman and I would love to find it again. This looks a lot like her.. Hard to tell though.. Mine was a waterman with the original light gray hull they did

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s a HB, built to last. Blow the damn leaves out, pressure wash and go fish. Sun will take care of stains eventually.

BTW, I believe this pic is from an old ad years ago...
Pics are from yesterday

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
OP’ers location is Tampa bay. Might be correct? Start google earth search now. You might be able to find location before leaves turn to compost. That’s a lot of searching. Or maybe he will reveal location.

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,652 Posts
I'd definitely try to buy it from him, even if it did mean a complete restoration -- obviously as long as it made sense financially. But then again, I'm a sucker for a project.

Side note: I know if my dad left me something like that, I would prefer to see someone else restore it to something he would have appreciated, rather than having it rot away in my yard. I would be surprised if he isn't willing to sell if he truly doesn't have any plans to ever fix it.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts