Rusty Ram-Lin

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by MariettaMike, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

Has anybody else had a problem with the trailer bunk mounts on their Ram-Lin trailer rusting? Aren't those supposed to be stainless? Is there any reason they can't be?

[There is also another problem in this pic. The side bunks are so far out that when the boat slides to the right the depth transducer hits the bunk.]

[​IMG]

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Haven't seen many in stainless, they are usually galvanized. Expect to replace them every few years or so, easy job with a car jack.

The bunks should be lined up with the stringers.

3. scout177

scout177 I Love microskiff.com!

4. DeepSouthFly

DeepSouthFly Well-Known Member

I have an 09 Ramlin. I love it but i do have a pretty good bit of rust on it.

5. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

With the bunks, I'm assuming the skiff is centered on the trailer. So the next time you have to change the bunks and carpet, perhaps attach the bunks an inch or so closer to the sides of the trailer to allow more clearance for your transducer. From the picture, it appears you have a little room to play with.

6. CaptainRob

CaptainRob Hell's Bay 17.8 Whipray

My '02 Ramlin had the same issue. The guy who owned the boat before me didnt dry launch and I think it caused most of my problem. I had them replaced a year or so ago and since I dry launch I noticed they barely touch the water. Mine are galvanized and look like they day they were installed.