Ron Paul's 'money bomb'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tom_in_orl, Nov 5, 2007.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

http://news.google.com/nwshp?tab=wn&ncl=1123186421&hl=en&topic=n

Proving again his ability to raise significant cash online, Ron Paul has raised over $3 million since midnight via his website.

In what is being called a "money bomb," Paul's fervent backers spread the word that today they'd blast their candidate with Internet contributions, setting up a website, "This November 5th," to push the plan. An aide said they had nothing to do with the effort.

"Supporters have spontaneously organized what I can only refer to as a one-day attack of donations," said Paul spokeswoman Kate Rick. "We started at midnight with $2.77 million raised for the quarter, and have, as of 9:36 am, climbed up to over $4.1." (as of 8:00 PM over $5.1)

While claiming not to be responsible for the "bombing," Paul's camp has certainly not lessened enthusiasm with a set of red numbers on their website that spin upward to show his total raised with every refresh click. Another site not formally affiliated with the campaign has set up a graph showing Paul's ascending contributions since midnight.

(I am one of the Ron Paul freaks supporters ;D )

2. jmarkklock

jmarkklock Well-Known Member

I'm liking Ron Paul more and more... mainly because he seems the lesser of evils (for both repub and dem candidates).  I agree completely with him on the patriot act  [smiley=badidea.gif], gun control  [smiley=badidea.gif],  free trade, NATO, NAFTA, and the war on drugs.  Other things (that I will not mention) I don't get.

3. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

zzzzzzzzzz

[smiley=sleep1.gif]

zzzzzzzz

4. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Wasn't he the kid from Happy Days...No wait, that was Ron Howard...what were we talkin about again?

5. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

i thought he was capt ron paul

6. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

Shhhhh!!!! We are not talking about Ron Paul.....we are talking about stealing Rob and Dave's banking account.......here is the number....539278-2 at Bank of America for savings........

7. inboardgheenoeguy

inboardgheenoeguy Well-Known Member

WHITESNOOK [smiley=gun-quake.gif]