Roll Call for Mitzi Skiff Owners...I want to start a Tourny for us..

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by FtIslandTrailMan, May 17, 2012.

1. FtIslandTrailMan

FtIslandTrailMan Bug Slinger !

I had a brain storm, since I am a recent owner of a 17 ft tournament Tunnel Mitzi, getting her redone and she'll be ready middle of June, I was thinking I'd start a tourny for Mitzi owners..
    Yeah Im bored, what the heck, I've never seen a Mitzi out on the water ! so I think it'd be cool to start up a tourny for us, heck everyone else is having tournies for their favorite Microskiff's right?
    I need some input on how you think the tourny should be, like what species of fish, limits, size etc....
    Have no clue what the amount for entry fee should be??
    I'll even add oh say $500 bucks to the kitty and make up some T-Shirts for everyone who participates.
    I live in Crystal River, since there are some really nice areas to fish here and or surrounding area, thats where I'd like it start off at, say Kings Bay.
    I live on Kings Bay, so I think it would be a good place to get it organized.
    Would like some volunteer's to help out, cause I'm gonna be fishing instead of watching from the sidelines.
    Let me know what ya think and lets get something started, if it works out and we have a good turn out, I dont see a problem doing it once amonth.
    Whatcha think??

2. FtIslandTrailMan

I Got Mitzi Boat makers interested in being a Sponsor !!

I Got Mitzi Boat makers interested in being a Sponsor !!
    Hows that for a quick turn around ??? !! [smiley=1-thumbsup1.gif]

3. FtIslandTrailMan

Tournament change, pls read

After speaking with my buddy at Chrysler Automotive here in Crystal River, he said I need to make the tournament a microskiff tourny instead of just Mitzi's, it would have a better turn out, I tend to agree, he's also going to be one of the sponsors...
    Soooooooo on this note, I gotta get the details of how and when, thinking of 100 boat limit, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place on Reds, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th on trout..
    Like I said just some ideas so far, I gotta start advertising, get acouple more sponsors.
    Like I said, I would like some input from you fella's, surely you have some ideas on how you would want it.

4. JRyanL

JRyanL I Love microskiff.com!

This tournament series already exists bud. We ran it as Gheenoe's only for two years and now it's microskiffs only. If you want to take a drive south to Lee County we meet every month. www.swflmicromastersfishing.com

If not and you want some free advice on how to start it off in your area shoot me a PM.

One unsolicited piece of advice, aim high but don't get frustrated if it takes awhile to grow. 100 boats is not going to happen; don't try to sell any sponsors on the idea that you will have 100 boats or you will lose them quick. 20 boats is realistic if you really press the issue with local tackle shops, craigslist, internet and boat ramp advertising. Any more than 30 boats becomes a logistical nightmare. Good luck and feel free to message me if you want some advice. - James