Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ankona Shadowcast 16
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the best material to put /glue on Rod racks for Skiff. My fly rods bouncing around on the hard plastic. I was going to glue on Seadeck. Any Ideas please!!

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,446 Posts
Simple project today. Pulled the rod holders out of the rod lockers on the Egret. Gave them a good scrubbing. Then based on the suggestion above I used the soft fuzzy side of 1” wide low profile industrial strength Velcro made small pads for the rods to rest on while in the rod lockers. It’ll be interesting to see how this hold up over time. Thanks for the idea! Cheers!
Gas Engineering Wire Cable Metal

Gas Metal Nickel Titanium Still life photography

·
Registered
07 Egret 167 C/K
177 Posts
Simple project today. Pulled the rod holders out of the rod lockers on the Egret. Gave them a good scrubbing. Then based on the suggestion above I used the soft fuzzy side of 1” wide low profile industrial strength Velcro made small pads for the rods to rest on while in the rod lockers. It’ll be interesting to see how this hold up over time. Thanks for the idea! Cheers! View attachment 191274
View attachment 191273
That looks like a great idea that I'll have to try on my Egret rod holders too. Question for you, how did you swap out the regular bungee "straps" for the ball type

1 - 7 of 7 Posts