Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Following multiple hours reading up on reel suggestions for my needs, I decided to pull the trigger on two BG2500’s from Amazon for $85 a pop. Can’t beat that price point.

Was hoping to get some suggestions on rod and line pairings. I will mainly be fishing out front and in the backcountry in Flamingo using soft plastics and jigheads.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Agree with BrownDog, a 7'6" medium light rod is a good match. I'd also suggest Shimano Teramar SE or St. Croix Tidemasters. As far as line, 10-pound braid (I'm a PowerPro Slick 8 fan) will handle most fish you'd normally encounter since it typically over-tests as heavier class. Tie on 20- or 30-pound leader and have at it!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Find you a good rod builder in your area and have them make you a 7'3" from a Fuji Point Blank blank PB73MLF with a KR Concept guide setup. Fuji 20 H, 10 H, 5.5 M, 4.5 KB, 4.5 KB, 4.5 KB, 4.5 KB, 4.5 KT, 4.5 KT, 4.5 KT & a 5mm TIP TOP. If it is done correctly, you will be very pleased. It needs to be built to your reel and if they know what they are doing they will know this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts