Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Riptide boats 15’8 MiniRip. Absolutely love this skiff amazing stability and very rigid fiberglass build. 28mph max with 20hp Tohatsu. Added faux seadek and cooler tie downs for poling. Still need to add fly rod holder badly. Super fun skiff.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Very nice what part of the keys are you planning on fishing? Time of year? I ask because some area of the key Marathon Islamorada area has large area of open water not really microskiff friendly. Stay up by Key Largo or go further down towards summerland and you should be fine more protected waters these style boats are safer in protected waters imo. Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much agreed. Staying on duck key, have towed my center console down and fished this area since 2007 but don’t plan to venture far in the skiff. In and around duck key on leeward sides. Then flats in and around islamorada, again all wind and weather dependent on location.

·
Registered
914 Posts
If ya need a mediocre pole guy I’ll be in the area for a bit. That things sweet!

Reactions: Andrus Kangur

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow up on our keys trip, successful is an understatement. Wife caught her first double digit bonefish followed up with a sweet Permit...few other bones were caught along with tons of the regulars....yellow jacks, jack crevalle, snappers, etc. will never tow my center console down again this skiff was ideal from duck key to islamorada.

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
Follow up on our keys trip, successful is an understatement. Wife caught her first double digit bonefish followed up with a sweet Permit...few other bones were caught along with tons of the regulars....yellow jacks, jack crevalle, snappers, etc. will never tow my center console down again this skiff was ideal from duck key to islamorada.
Dude I feel so jealous right now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts