Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sad news today. My friend, Capt. Theophile Bourgeois, was killed when his seaplane crashed off the coast of Louisiana. The two passengers survived and were taken to the hospital. I fished with Toe several times and he was a funny, talented and hard-working guy. RIP you ****-ass.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/gulf-coast ... -dead.html

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's awful. First time I ever fished LA was with him. He was always on the go and ran an awesome fishing lodge. He was so personable. He started that place from nothing. It used to be an old school. I'm glad you posted this. Him and my dad used to talk a lot and we were just talking about going down to do a trip sometime soon. I can't believe this.

G

·
Losing a friend or loved one is never easy. My condolences to you, his family, and the rest of his friends! Prayers sent for you all, James.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m sorry for your loss. I never had the chance to fish with the man but I seen him on several fishing shows. Seemed like a really nice guy who loved what he did.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
If those floats were Capris I probably built them ...

Rip ...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
487 Posts
Stayed at his camp south of Lafitte about 2002 or so... not sure if that camp survived Katrina. That camp was only accessible by boat.

If I remember right he guided a couple IGFA tippet class records for black drum and used aluminum duckboats for poling the ponds - he didn't think even the Whiprays would push shallow enough. But that was a long time ago so my mind may be playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
He def ran a first class operation. His wife is awesome. Hope she continues the business.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I saw him out there Saturday with both planes pulled up on the beach. I’ve never met Theophile in person but I see his plane out there almost every trip. At least it was a damn beautiful day for him. Storms were pretty heavy Sunday at the house so I can’t imagine flying in a seaplane.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts