rewired my boat

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by devrep, Jan 27, 2014.

1. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

so after getting a few tips from Matty and others I did a complete rewire.  All of my 20 year old toggles and glass fuse holders were falling apart, the old ground block was corroded and a lot of the screws wouldn't turn anymore, some wires were bad and a lot of wire had been pulled and abandoned over the years by previous owners.

Used only high quality components and of course tinned marine wire.   Pulled almost 100 ft of positive and 100 ft of ground wire.

For anyone wanting to do this it wasn't that hard but did take me most of a weekend (including a couple of trips to get more stuff).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Sweet. There's nothing like being waay up in the everglades backcountry and KNOWING all your wiring systems are fresh and done right.

3. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

very clean....................

4. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

thanks. It was kinda fun to do and it does feel good not having to think about it anymore.

5. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

6. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Did you use dielectric grease or Ct orrosion X on all the connections? This will reduce corrosion by 99%.

7. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

no, I have a can but I didn't want to get it all over everything. Used it on the battery connections.

8. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Undo each connection one at a time, spray corrosion blocker on a q-tip and wipe it on each side and then re-assemble.