Revo S owners..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DavidIvey, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Im trying to clean my Revo S and I can't get the freaking spool out. I took the braking cover off, but the spool wont come out. It will slide out about a 1/4" of an inch then it feels like it catches on something. Almost like it has a clip holding it in.

This is driving me crazy. :eek:

Any suggestions?

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Looks like there are a few things that might have to be removed to pull the spool

http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/REVOS%201600.pdf

If it's anything like my 5600, both side plates have to be removed.

3. I have that parts diagram and I've removed everything I can. In order to remove the gear housing I have to remove the spool. This allows me to get to the last screw that holds the gear housing on. This reel is making me extremely mad..

Oh and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Shouldn't be that hard, I'm thinking a small part got loose and is jamming your spool.
    Youtube vids show the spool is easy to pop out.

5. Yeah, I watch the video on the Boca Bearing install, but it appears to be an old Revo by looking at the braking system. Im not positive on that though. I bought this real last year.

Im hoping someone will chime in with some experience. I hate not being able to clean this thing properly.