Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
@Charles Hadley (a Duval/st Augustine local) and I struck a deal to help get this boat painted. Today he flipped the hull! Beyond excited to see the steps to get this boat back on water looking all clean and fresh.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Asphalt

Automotive exterior Composite material Wood Flooring Gas

Hood Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Table

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
2,126 Posts
Looking great! Man, that's a flat surface. It does not come easy!

What clear did you say you are using on that hatch? I'm building a carbon casting platform now, and I'm trying to figure out a good UV-protective clear coat to finish it off with.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Looking great! Man, that's a flat surface. It does not come easy!

What clear did you say you are using on that hatch? I'm building a carbon casting platform now, and I'm trying to figure out a good UV-protective clear coat to finish it off with.
I'm using the interlux perfect plus, I haven't tried on non-horizontal surfaces, I refinished a push pole with it and it didn't yellow or crack in the couple of years I used it. Cured pretty hard too. I'm seeing some microbubble on this last coat so I might just wait till its hard enough to sand it and do one more finish coat with a good/better brush.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
So I didn’t like the result of the last application so I waited till I felt I could sand it very gently back to smooth. Did more prep this time: (leveling part and getting different application tools)
Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Asphalt Bumper

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Automotive design

Tire Wood Rectangle Flooring Hardwood

Tints and shades Tool Carmine Magenta Fashion accessory

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Orange

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Starting of trailerwork. Overarching goal is to lower the trailer and boat to the ground to help on our longer trips as well as easy to launch for if/when the wife want to go out solo.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Sidewalk

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Plant Recreation

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

·
Registered
1979 Banana River Skiff
456 Posts
looking good. Curious on how much more rigid structurally the carbon is compared to glass. Like if you were to try and flex it. I’ve never messed with carbon fiber. I think you picked the best weave btw it’s looking really nice

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
looking good. Curious on how much more rigid structurally the carbon is compared to glass. Like if you were to try and flex it. I’ve never messed with carbon fiber. I think you picked the best weave btw it’s looking really nice
Couldn’t tell ya it’s pretty dang firm so far. Very pleased with the choice so far! Can’t wait to see it mounted. Biggest choice now is do we do white logo on carbon or do we do black on black.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts