Resin over floor

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Mike_Reneau, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mike_Reneau

Mike_Reneau I Love microskiff.com!

Guys my project boat is a 1970 Mitchell. Would rolling the inside of the hull with some epoxy resin be beneficial. I plan on fiberglassing in some supports and poor in floatation foam then add a floor.... This is my first project boat so please bear with me. Thanks

2. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Are you doing it to seal it for some reason? Otherwise it won't really do much. Does it need repairs?

If you are doing it to add strength it won't do much unless you are laying some fiberglass with it. Since it will be under the floor if it is in decent shape and not in need of repair then most likely you can leave it as is. Post some pictures up.

3. Mike_Reneau

Mike_Reneau I Love microskiff.com!

No need for repair I just thought it may be an easy way to get some extra reinforcement "over kill " before I put the floor in. I have been taking pics. I will try to get on here soon if I can figure out how to post them. Thanks for the feedback

4. firecat1981

No it really won't reinforce anything, rolling it on in this instance would kinda be like painting it, it would just be a coating.

5. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

6. firecat1981

I like to use photobucket for posting pictures, it's oldschool but still works great.